Zawahiri calls for uprisings in Saudi Arabia
Nicosia: Ayman al-Zawahiri, the longtime Egyptian number two to Osama bin Laden, the al Qaeda leader killed earlier this month, has called on Saudis to take up this year`s wave of Arab revolt.
In an audiotape which the jihadist network`s media arm Al-Sahab said was recorded before bin Laden`s death on May 02, Zawahiri said it was Western governments that had backed the veteran strongmen in Egypt and Tunisia who were overthrown by popular uprisings earlier this year, US monitoring agency SITE reported.
"Zawahiri addressed the uprisings and current events in Libya, Egypt and Tunisia, and called for additional revolutions in Yemen and Saudi Arabia," the monitoring group, which specialises in jihadist websites said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH