Zawahiri calls for uprisings in Saudi Arabia
Nicosia: Ayman al-Zawahiri, the longtime Egyptian number two to Osama bin Laden, the al Qaeda leader killed earlier this month, has called on Saudis to take up this year`s wave of Arab revolt.
In an audiotape which the jihadist network`s media arm Al-Sahab said was recorded before bin Laden`s death on May 02, Zawahiri said it was Western governments that had backed the veteran strongmen in Egypt and Tunisia who were overthrown by popular uprisings earlier this year, US monitoring agency SITE reported.
"Zawahiri addressed the uprisings and current events in Libya, Egypt and Tunisia, and called for additional revolutions in Yemen and Saudi Arabia," the monitoring group, which specialises in jihadist websites said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations