Zimbabwe bus crash kills 8
Harare: Zimbabwean police say eight people died in a bus crash that has brought the traffic accident death toll during the holiday period to the highest on record in the southern African nation.
Police officials in the second city of Bulawayo said today that eight died and 57 were injured yesterday in western Zimbabwe when their bus, headed for neighboring Botswana, veered off the highway and overturned.
The driver was among the injured.
The central police traffic command said 209 people have died in accidents since December 15. In the same holiday period last year, 147 people died.
Bus accidents, common in Zimbabwe, are blamed on poor vehicle maintenance and speeding.
On December 23, 18 passengers died when a truck ferrying them home for the holidays plunged into a mountain ravine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray