Zimbabwe bus crash kills 8
Harare: Zimbabwean police say eight people died in a bus crash that has brought the traffic accident death toll during the holiday period to the highest on record in the southern African nation.
Police officials in the second city of Bulawayo said today that eight died and 57 were injured yesterday in western Zimbabwe when their bus, headed for neighboring Botswana, veered off the highway and overturned.
The driver was among the injured.
The central police traffic command said 209 people have died in accidents since December 15. In the same holiday period last year, 147 people died.
Bus accidents, common in Zimbabwe, are blamed on poor vehicle maintenance and speeding.
On December 23, 18 passengers died when a truck ferrying them home for the holidays plunged into a mountain ravine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical