Zimbabwe rangers put down three killer lions
Harare: Wildlife rangers in Zimbabwe say three lions that killed two people near a suburb in the northern lakeside resort town of Kariba have been caught and put down.
The state wildlife department said Friday a lioness and two "sub adult" cubs between two and three years old were baited into traps and given lethal injections late yesterday. Sub adults are about three fourths of the size of the fully-grown mother.
Rangers said the mother was lame from a badly swollen injured leg and scarred from wresting itself from an illegal wire trap set by poachers. They said the wounds accounted for the pride preying so close to Kariba`s Mahombekombe township.
The lions devoured the body of one man on Tuesday and killed a woman nearby whose male companion escaped unhurt.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Chopper deal: No evidence to link politicians with AgustaWestland bribes, says Italian judge who delivered verdict
- Check out pic: Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg's “Star Wars” meeting!
- AgustaWestland deal: Congress says govt trying to vilify its leaders
- Arvind Kejriwal admits for first time, odd-even not a long-term remedy
- European Central Bank scraps 500-euro note