Zimbabwe rangers put down three killer lions
Harare: Wildlife rangers in Zimbabwe say three lions that killed two people near a suburb in the northern lakeside resort town of Kariba have been caught and put down.
The state wildlife department said Friday a lioness and two "sub adult" cubs between two and three years old were baited into traps and given lethal injections late yesterday. Sub adults are about three fourths of the size of the fully-grown mother.
Rangers said the mother was lame from a badly swollen injured leg and scarred from wresting itself from an illegal wire trap set by poachers. They said the wounds accounted for the pride preying so close to Kariba`s Mahombekombe township.
The lions devoured the body of one man on Tuesday and killed a woman nearby whose male companion escaped unhurt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was strangled, body burnt with petrol: Mumbai Police chief