Zimbabwe rangers put down three killer lions
Harare: Wildlife rangers in Zimbabwe say three lions that killed two people near a suburb in the northern lakeside resort town of Kariba have been caught and put down.
The state wildlife department said Friday a lioness and two "sub adult" cubs between two and three years old were baited into traps and given lethal injections late yesterday. Sub adults are about three fourths of the size of the fully-grown mother.
Rangers said the mother was lame from a badly swollen injured leg and scarred from wresting itself from an illegal wire trap set by poachers. They said the wounds accounted for the pride preying so close to Kariba`s Mahombekombe township.
The lions devoured the body of one man on Tuesday and killed a woman nearby whose male companion escaped unhurt.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic