Zombie apocalypse alert broadcast on US television
London: An American television channel`s regular programming was interrupted after hackers hacked into the network and ran news of a `zombie apocalypse`.
The Montana Television Network has confirmed that hackers broke into the Emergency Alert System of KRTV on Monday.
KRTV said on its website that the hackers broadcast that `dead bodies are rising from their graves` in several Montana counties, Sky News reports.
The network said that `this message did not originate from KRTV, and there is no emergency`, adding that `their engineers are investigating to determine what happened and if it affected other media outlets`.
The alert claimed the bodies were `attacking the living` and warned people not to `approach or apprehend these bodies as they are extremely dangerous,` the report said.
The Great Falls Tribune reported that the hoax alert did not generate any calls to the police, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details