669 infected with Dengue in Mizoram since October 2012
Aizawl: At least 669 people in Mizoram were infected with Dengue since October 2012 but no one died due to the vector borne disease in the state, Health Minister Lal Thanzara informed the state Assembly on Tuesday.
In a written reply to a query from K Beichhua of the Mizo National Front (MNF), Thanzara said that 580 people were infected in the state with Dengue during last year while 14 people were infected in January and February this year.
The first six cases of Dengue were found during October and December in 2012 and the number of cases rose to seven in 2013.
Dengue cases again increased to 19 in 2014 and to 43 in 2015, the Minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users