In order to do away with differential retirement age for the regular employees serving under the same government, the state government decided to implement the retirement age of such employees from existing 58 to 60 years.
North East News
Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal on Sunday discussed with Home Minister Rajnath Singh the ongoing works for strengthening security along the Indo- Bangladesh border, besides a host of other issues.
The 47 pilgrims, who were stopped by the Chinese officials at the border from proceeding further, have now returned to their respective states, official sources said here today.
The kidnappers had said they wanted to speak to the 36-year-old farmer but his bullet-ridden body was recovered on Friday.
Assam's Finance Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma was in Agartala on Thursday and Friday to streamline the Bharatiya Janata Party's strategy for next year's Assembly Elections.
Sikkim Chief Minister Pawan Kumar Chamling has come out in support of the demand for a separate Gorkhaland to be carved out of North Bengal hills.
One person died in Assam here as incessant rains caused havoc in the city on Thursday morning.
Search operations were conducted to trace the cadres but was called off this morning.
The BCT Road was disrupted on June 19 last due to a massive landslide triggered by torrential rains at an area, 9 kilometres from Bhalukpong.
Union Minister of State for Railways Rajen Gohain, who was on a two-day visit to the state, also lauded the inclusion of Yoga in the Healthy Mizoram Campaign.
Heavy monsoon rain disrupted life in Tripura as over 2,000 families were displaced after their houses were inundated by the flood water, official said here on Tuesday.
"The outburst of tension in Darjeeling area is nothing but an unwarranted outcome of the autocratic rule of the Bengal government as well as the Centre's utter negligence to the problem," ABSU president Pramod Boro told reporters here.
Assam Police was currently completing the pending recruitment process for 3,980 posts which would be over by the next month, an official said.
A fresh landslide on Friday cut off Champhai town in Eastern Mizoram from the rest of the country, while nine kachcha houses of a town in south Mizoram's Lunglei district were swept away by flood.
Nagaland government is contemplating to rewrite the Nagaland Municipal Act 2001 so that the election to the Urban Local Bodies (ULBs) in the state can be conducted smoothly.
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) allies in three Christian-majority states of Nagaland, Mizoram and Meghalaya have opposed the central government`s new cattle trade and slaughter rules.
Mizoram Chief Minister Lal Thanhawla on Wednesday set up a high-level committee chaired by state Home minister R Lalzirliana to assess the flood situation in the state where eight persons have died.
The Nambul river and Imphal river breached its banks and overflowed near Sagolband Moirang Leirak, Kairang and Chabung Company, Mayang Imphal due to incessant rains in the past few days, flooding houses located nearby.
The victims were swept away in Carnafulu river in a remote location in Lunglei district, according to the police.
Hundreds of people on Monday took part in a beef party in Mizoram.
The government on Monday said a committee will identify "gaps in basic facilities" of roads, power, telecommunications, health and education in areas along the India-Myanmar border.
The Centre is committed to fast tracking the development initiatives in the Northeastern region, Rajnath Singh said on Monday.
Three Improvised Explosive Device (IEDs) were on Monday found planted at Mantripukhri area in Imphal West district, police said.
Nagaland Chief Minister has said NSCN(K) chairman passed away before any solution to the protracted Naga political problem.
Union minister Kiren Rijiju stressed his government would transform the country into a developed one.
Khaplang, who was a diabetic and suffered from other health issues, passed away in Taka, the sources told IANS.
With slogans like "We will eat beef and it's like vegetable to us" rending the air, a few hundred Congress workers led by the Arunachal Pradesh Youth Congress (APYC) took out a ally here on Friday to register protest against the Centre's ban on cow slaughter for sale in markets.
Major David Manlun, who died in a gunfight with militants in Nagaland, was laid to rest with military honours on Thursday at the Assam Regimental Centre in Meghalaya.
Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh will meet the Chief Ministers of four northeastern states bordering Myanmar here on Monday to review the security situation and will also visit the border areas by chopper.
- DNA: Boris Becker declared bankrupt over long-standing debt
- Boys try to hit SHO by car in Gurugram - Watch
- Separatist leader Yasin Malik arrested in Srinagar
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Narendra Modi conveys his wishes to the nation on Eid
- Trump-Modi first meeting updates live on Zee News
- EC disqualifies MP minister over incorrect filing of election expenditure
- Lady police officer scolds BJP leader over arrogant behaviour in UP
- J&K: Pakistan violates ceasefire in Naushera sector
- Bihar: Are the Presidential elections causing a rift in the Mahagathbandhan?
- Oil tanker explodes in Pakistan's Bahawalpur district, many killed
- Modi in US: Talks on terror, H1B visa top priority in Modi-Trump meet
- PM Modi lands in Washington DC for his 2-day US tour
- Modi in US: Donald Trump realises highly competent Indians necessary for US companies
- Heavy rains in Mumbai trigger warnings of high tide
- Watch: 140th Jagannath Rath Yatra begins in Ahmedabad
- Adam Gilchrist casts doubt on MS Dhoni, Yuvraj Singh's continuity till 2019 World Cup
- Presidential election: Sushma Swaraj tweets 2013 Lok Sabha video, says 'This is how Meira Kumar treated Leader of Opposition'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: Kiku Sharda welcomes Chandan Prabhakar back with a heartfelt message!
- Eman Ahmed, once dubbed as world’s heaviest woman, can now sit and eat on her own
- 2017 Australian Open Super Series Final: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kuldeep Yadav outfoxes Jason Holder, MS Dhoni does the rest to send West Indies skipper packing
- Nitish Kumar uncomfortable in grand alliance with RJD, Congress, will welcome him if he joins NDA: BJP
- WATCH: Smriti Mandhana scores blistering 72-ball 90 in India's World Cup opener against England
- Airtel extends 30GB free data offer for another 3 months – Check out details
- Sridevi REVEALS why she refused to play Sivagami in SS Rajamouli's 'Baahubali'!
- Baby Elephant chases birds and falls face-down at Sweden zoo – Watch
- West Bengal: BJP demands CM Mamata Banerjee's resignation over attack on MP George Baker
- Haryana govt has disbursed Rs 2,400 cr compensation to farmers: CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Hacking group believes NASA will announce discovery of aliens
- Virat Kohli's picture 'peeping through dressing room' goes viral, Twitterati come up with hilarious captions