Two women arms smugglers and an illegal manufacturer of weapons were arrested and a six 9-mm pistols, five magazines and a live round seized by a combined team of Assam Rifles and Manipur police.
North East News
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday greeted the three northeastern states of Tripura, Manipur and Meghalaya on their statehood day.
Expressing grave concern over the continued blockade of National Highway-2, Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh has asked the Manipur government to maintain public order in the state, including maintenance of essential supplies and a conducive atmosphere for holding elections next month.
A 25-year-old man was arrested after arms and ammunition were allegedly recovered from him at Thapa Daregnchi in Meghalaya's North Garo Hills (NGH) district on Thursday, police said.
Election to 60-member Manipur Assembly will be held on March 4 and 8.
Minister of States for Home Kiren Rijiju recently said the blockade in any form was "totally unacceptable"
Inugbamsanatombi Devi was arrested on Thursday along with Khoirom Ranjit, a Commander-in-Chief of KCP (Poirei Meitei), who is in police custody until January 19.
Union Human Resource Development Minister Prakash Javadekar on Sunday demanded resignation of Manipur Chief Minister Okram Ibobi Singh for his failure to end the ongoing economic blockade which has affected availability of essential commodities in the region.
The ruling Naga People's Front (NPF) on Sunday affirmed not to withdraw any candidate from the February 1 elections to Urban Local Bodies in the state in the face of the boycott call and warning of ex-communications to candidates by different tribal organisations in Nagaland.
Congress MLA Thounaojam Shyamkumar has denied Delhi Police`s charge that he has nexus with a proscribed underground organisation in Manipur.
Budget carrier IndiGo in association with Delhi Police today launched 'Akhiri Ahuti', a social service under which the Gurgaon-based airline would ferry free of cost the bodies of Northeast residents who die in Delhi to their homes.
Three cadres of NSCN(IM) and one sympathiser was apprehended from different locations of Thoubal district following three search operations by Manipur police commandos, a police officer said on Thursday.
The chief of Manipur's proscribed Kangliepak Communist Party was on Thursday arrested along with a woman from east Delhi's Mayur Vihar area.
Assam-based organisations of Manipuri people on Wednesday warned of retaliation if the Naga-imposed indefinite economic blockade of Manipur is not withdrawn soon.
The possible reason for this seems to be opposing the creation of new districts by the state government.
In a major breakthrough, Manipur Police have identified the militant group that had been threatening local editors.
Vehicles kept off road and very few people ventured outside during the eight-and-half-an-hour bandh called today by Angami Youth Organisation (AYO) in Kohima Municipality under Kohima district and Chumukedima and Mediziphema Town Councils, both under Dimapur district, today.
The sex racket came to light after an employee of a guest house owned by senior Congress leader and state Home Minister HDR Lyngdoh's son was arrested for pimping the victim last month.
The model code of conduct has come into effect in Manipur and Uttarakhand with an announcement of the poll schedule yesterday.
A 4.3 magnitude earthquake hit Myanmar on Thursday.
Eleven suspected supporters of United Naga Council were injured when they tried to storm the Deputy Commissioner's office in Senapati district to protest creation of seven new districts, police said today.
An Assam Rifles jawan has been killed and a civilian injured in an encounter with suspected militants at Khunthak village in Ukhrul district of Manipur.
Another moderate quake of magnitude 5.4 was recorded along the India-Myanmar border region at 12.20 AM.
Experts consider India's mountainous northeast the sixth major quake-prone belt in the world.
It is said that music knows no barriers and unites people.
The Left Front has been in power for the last 23 years in Tripura.
The BJP in Arunachal Pradesh on Friday made it clear that it will "only" support Pema Khandu government in the state and "will never" support any other chief minister.
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- DNA: Today in history, 20th January, 2017
- UP polls: Uncle Shivpal figures in Akhilesh Yadav's first list of 191 candidates
- Jallikattu: SC not to pronounce verdict for a week
- DNA: Will USA remain same under Donald Trump's leadership as President?
- Watch: Donald Trump's journey from a businessman to US President
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say
- Donald Trump faces massive protests ahead of his oath taking ceremony
- Jallikattu protest a lesson for Hindutva forces, Uniform Civil Code cannot be "imposed": Asaduddin Owaisi
- Zaira Wasim controversy: 'Dangal' star's posters burnt in Kashmir valley
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Donald Trump signs executive order against Obamacare on Day One
- Zaira Wasim involved in Twitter 'Dangal' with Sports minister Vijay Goel