Chief Secretary Lalmalsawma told PTI that portfolios of Chawngthu and K S Thanga were likely to be alloted on Monday next.
North East News
"The Polit Bureau of the CPI(M) strongly condemns the murder of a progressive journalist Santanu Bhowmick by BJP-backed IPTF miscreants in Tripura," said a party statement.
Since Tuesday, prohibitory orders under Section 144 of the Code of Criminal Procedure (CrPC) have been promulgated in more than 10 places of west Tripura and Khowai districts, including violence-hit Mandai, 35 km north of here.
Relatives and friends of a 22-year-old Manipur man, whose body was allegedly cremated by police without informing his family even though they had filed a missing person report, have demanded a CBI probe into the suspected murder.
The district administration has evacuated families from vulnerable areas, the officials said.
A journalist working for a local television channel was hacked to death in an attack by tribal party cadres in Tripura on Wednesday, police said.
Rijiju said Arunachal Pradesh is a protected territory and if citizenship to Chakma-Hajong refugees is given, it will create imbalance in the social structure of the state.
The AAPSU has called the bandh in protest against the Union Home Minister's recent decision to grant citizenship to the Chakma and the Hajong refugees in the state.
A suspected Kuki tribal outfit killed three members, including a woman, of a rival faction in Manipur`s Tamenglong district early on Sunday, police said.
The injured persons are undergoing treatment at Raj Medicity in Imphal. Hospital sources said that the injured persons are not in serious condition.
Stating that the Naga people want a settlement at any cost, Rio stated that he himself had repeatedly said in parliament that the central government should pursue the talks and the settlement should come before the assembly elections.
Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Pema Khandu on Wednesday called for separate IAS, IPS, IFS cadre for the state at a meeting with Home Minister Rajnath Singh in New Delhi.
Official sources said the candidates of SFI and TSU won 530 seats unopposed out of the total 778 seats and teh ABVP won 27 of the rest 248 seats in 13 colleges, election to which were held on Tuesday.
Five militants of the banned People's Liberation Army (PLA) were killed in an exchange of fire between NSCN-IM and PLA at Makan in Manipur's Kamjong district on Tuesday, police said.
Some local members of the international gang, all hailing from Churachandpur district of Manipur, were arrested.
They were booked under relevant sections of the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act, 1985, the spokesperson said.
"In the current fiscal year (2017-18), the government of India has sharply reduced its share of allocation of funds, due to which the state can provide work for maximum 42 days this year."
The state assembly elections are scheduled to be held in February next year.
Manipur Chief Minister N Biren Singh claimed that since the vision of the BJP government at the Centre is to construct concrete houses for all families by 2022.
The Mizoram University had been without a regular VC for almost two years and repeated appeal to the Union Minister Prakash Javedekar and officials of the Ministry of Human Resources Development bore no fruits till date.
As many as 148 villages were submerged and nearly 6,141 hectares of agricultural land inundated, the report added.
The two BSF personnel were arrested yesterday from their place of posting at Silsury village in the district bordering Tripura and Bangladesh, Mamit superintendent of police Narayan Thapa said today.
Police have started an inquiry into the Rs 185.79 crore scam in the Manipur Development Society (MDS) and have recovered files relating to the scam.
Shah chaired a strategic meeting of the six-party North- East Democratic Alliance (NEDA), which was attended by the chief ministers of five states — Assam, Manipur, Sikkim, Arunachal Pradesh and Nagaland — from the region.
An Indian Army helicopter crashed in Jammu and Kashmir`s Ladakh on Tuesday.
The Centre on Monday reviewed the progress of ongoing roads and other infrastructure projects in Arunachal Pradesh.
An NSCN(K) cadre was killed and a soldier injured in an operation by special forces on Monday along the India-Myanmar border in Arunachal Pradesh.
The arrests have exposed the flourishing international human trafficking trade in the northeast, the police said.
Gauhati Medical College Hospital Superintendent R Talukdar said the two teenagers, aged between 16 and 17 years, have been admitted to the psychiatry department of the hospital and were given counselling.
Addressing the ruling Congress party workers at the Congress Bhavan in Aizawl, Lal Thanhawla said that any move to divide the state on ethnic lines would be opposed.
- Honeypreet's husband Vishwas Gupta addresses a press conference - Watch
- Sushma Swaraj slams Pakistan over terrorism in UNGA address
- Governance is not about votes, nation comes first: PM Modi
- Shabir Shah confesses to links with Hafiz Saeed: ED chargeheet
- DU professor insults goddess Durga on Facebook
- 101-year-old becomes fastest female centenarian in the world
- Senior journalist KJ Singh found dead at his residence in Mohali
- A look at Reliance Jio phone features
- We made IITs, IIMs, Pak created LeT & JeM: Sushma Swaraj at UNGA
- Everyone will get a home by 2022, says PM Modi
- Pak envoy shows fake photo to defame India at UN
- CBI begins investigation in Ryan murder case
- Sushma Swaraj addresses United Nations General Assembly
- PM Modi lauds Kashmiri boy Bilal Dar for actively taking up cleanliness drive
- UP police arrests another accused in Muzaffarnagar gang-rape case
- Meet Nirvaan, India's smallest and youngest baby born after 22 weeks
- Virat Kohli plays 10 times better when he fights with people: Stuart Clark warns Australia
- Honeypreet didn't let me come close to Gurmeet Ram Rahim, feared I may marry him: Rakhi Sawant
- Live - IND vs AUS, 3rd ODI: Aussie pacers remove both openers
- Pakistan envoy shows photo of Palestinian victim as 'evidence of atrocities' on Kashmiris
- Know why eating onion and garlic is a big no-no during Navratri?
- 'Foreigner hai aap'- Assamese girl denied entry into Agra monument, asked to prove herself an 'Indian'
- DU professor uses obscene language to insult goddess Durga
- We built IITs, IIMs, Pak created Lashkar, Jaish: Sushma at UNGA
- Ram Rahim used to organise 'Bigg Boss'-like show: Honeypreet's ex-husband
- Pakistan headed towards international isolation: Ex-Pak envoy
- Ind vs Aus, 3rd ODI: Wrist spinners in focus as curator promises batting paradise in Indore
- Rajkummar Rao's Newton beats Baahubali 2 in Oscar race—Here's how
- 'Kaskar used burner phones, sim boxes to call brother Dawood'
- Honeypreet stayed in our house on day of Ram Rahim's sentencing: Relative