Chief Secretary Lalmalsawma told PTI that portfolios of Chawngthu and K S Thanga were likely to be alloted on Monday next.
North East News
"The Polit Bureau of the CPI(M) strongly condemns the murder of a progressive journalist Santanu Bhowmick by BJP-backed IPTF miscreants in Tripura," said a party statement.
Since Tuesday, prohibitory orders under Section 144 of the Code of Criminal Procedure (CrPC) have been promulgated in more than 10 places of west Tripura and Khowai districts, including violence-hit Mandai, 35 km north of here.
Relatives and friends of a 22-year-old Manipur man, whose body was allegedly cremated by police without informing his family even though they had filed a missing person report, have demanded a CBI probe into the suspected murder.
The district administration has evacuated families from vulnerable areas, the officials said.
A journalist working for a local television channel was hacked to death in an attack by tribal party cadres in Tripura on Wednesday, police said.
Rijiju said Arunachal Pradesh is a protected territory and if citizenship to Chakma-Hajong refugees is given, it will create imbalance in the social structure of the state.
The AAPSU has called the bandh in protest against the Union Home Minister's recent decision to grant citizenship to the Chakma and the Hajong refugees in the state.
A suspected Kuki tribal outfit killed three members, including a woman, of a rival faction in Manipur`s Tamenglong district early on Sunday, police said.
The injured persons are undergoing treatment at Raj Medicity in Imphal. Hospital sources said that the injured persons are not in serious condition.
Stating that the Naga people want a settlement at any cost, Rio stated that he himself had repeatedly said in parliament that the central government should pursue the talks and the settlement should come before the assembly elections.
Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Pema Khandu on Wednesday called for separate IAS, IPS, IFS cadre for the state at a meeting with Home Minister Rajnath Singh in New Delhi.
Official sources said the candidates of SFI and TSU won 530 seats unopposed out of the total 778 seats and teh ABVP won 27 of the rest 248 seats in 13 colleges, election to which were held on Tuesday.
Five militants of the banned People's Liberation Army (PLA) were killed in an exchange of fire between NSCN-IM and PLA at Makan in Manipur's Kamjong district on Tuesday, police said.
Some local members of the international gang, all hailing from Churachandpur district of Manipur, were arrested.
They were booked under relevant sections of the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act, 1985, the spokesperson said.
"In the current fiscal year (2017-18), the government of India has sharply reduced its share of allocation of funds, due to which the state can provide work for maximum 42 days this year."
The state assembly elections are scheduled to be held in February next year.
Manipur Chief Minister N Biren Singh claimed that since the vision of the BJP government at the Centre is to construct concrete houses for all families by 2022.
The Mizoram University had been without a regular VC for almost two years and repeated appeal to the Union Minister Prakash Javedekar and officials of the Ministry of Human Resources Development bore no fruits till date.
As many as 148 villages were submerged and nearly 6,141 hectares of agricultural land inundated, the report added.
The two BSF personnel were arrested yesterday from their place of posting at Silsury village in the district bordering Tripura and Bangladesh, Mamit superintendent of police Narayan Thapa said today.
Police have started an inquiry into the Rs 185.79 crore scam in the Manipur Development Society (MDS) and have recovered files relating to the scam.
Shah chaired a strategic meeting of the six-party North- East Democratic Alliance (NEDA), which was attended by the chief ministers of five states — Assam, Manipur, Sikkim, Arunachal Pradesh and Nagaland — from the region.
An Indian Army helicopter crashed in Jammu and Kashmir`s Ladakh on Tuesday.
The Centre on Monday reviewed the progress of ongoing roads and other infrastructure projects in Arunachal Pradesh.
An NSCN(K) cadre was killed and a soldier injured in an operation by special forces on Monday along the India-Myanmar border in Arunachal Pradesh.
The arrests have exposed the flourishing international human trafficking trade in the northeast, the police said.
Gauhati Medical College Hospital Superintendent R Talukdar said the two teenagers, aged between 16 and 17 years, have been admitted to the psychiatry department of the hospital and were given counselling.
Addressing the ruling Congress party workers at the Congress Bhavan in Aizawl, Lal Thanhawla said that any move to divide the state on ethnic lines would be opposed.
- B'desh PM Sheikh Hasina slams Pak in UN for 1971 atrocities
- India replies strongly to Pak PM in UN, terms Pakistan as 'Terroristan'
- Cornered Pakistan plays Kashmir-card again at UN
- How much has PM Modi's constituency Varanasi developed after 2014 polls?
- Honeypreet's husband Vishwas Gupta addresses a press conference - Watch
- Myanmar reaches out to Rohingyas, encourages them to start moving back home
- Two terrorists involved in attack on SSB convoy arrested in Banihal
- PM Modi flags off Mahamana Express from Varanasi
- Governance is not about votes, nation comes first: PM Modi
- Modi in Varanasi: PM inaugurates Deendayal Hastkala Sankul
- 101-year-old becomes fastest female centenarian in the world
- North Korea threatens H-bomb detonation in Pacific
- One accused arrested in Muzaffarnagar gang rape case
- A look at Reliance Jio phone features
- Development biggest agenda on PM Modi's two-day visit to Varanasi
- China's snub to Pakistan at UN: Won't meddle in Kashmir, solve it with India
- Meet Nirvaan, India's smallest and youngest baby born after 22 weeks
- IRCTC blocks debit card payment gateway for several banks
- Toddler dies half an hour after allegedly being administered polio drops in Ludhiana
- Golmaal Again: Ajay Devgn - Rohit Shetty’s funny team is back to tickle your funny bone – Watch trailer
- Watch: Smiling Virat Kohli shows Aussies sledging is not good
- Virat Kohli plays 10 times better when he fights with people: Stuart Clark warns Australia
- Ranbir is a bachelor, can meet anybody: Rishi Kapoor on son's leaked pics with Mahira Khan
- The trailer of 'Amazon Obhijaan' is exhilarating – Watch
- It is now 'terroristan': India hits back at Pakistan at UN
- Sensex nosedives 448 points, Nifty under 10K-mark amid global sell-off
- Mahira Khan slammed by haters for viral pictures with Ranbir Kapoor
- West Bengal govt to move Supreme Court against Calcutta HC's order on Durga idol immersion
- Rahul Gandhi describes Mahatma Gandhi as an NRI, says Congress movement was an NRI movement
- Watch: When Kuldeep Yadav took his first hat-trick in India colours three years ago