In a bid to improve connectivity and to make northeast region a destination paradise, Indian Railway Catering And Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) and the North East Frontier Railway (NFR) recently launched the "Aastha Circuit Train" a special pilgrim train for the Northeastern region here.
North East News
Two separate quakes of varying magnitude hit India's northeastern region and Bangladesh on Saturday.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday assured the Manipur electorate that if the Bharatiya Janata Party is elected to power, then the party would do the development work that Congress did not do in the last 15 years.
PM Narendra Modi on Saturday addressed a rally in Manipur's Imphal. Here is FULL SPEECH VIDEO.
Earthquake measuring 5.2 on Richter scale hit Manipur on Thursday.
Police have intensified frisking all over the state capital to ensure that there was no loophole in the security arrangements for the Prime Minister's visit.
The apex body of six insurgent groups in Manipur, the Coordinating Committee (Corcom) has imposed a curfew from 6 am on Saturday.
Fist time voters in poll-bound Manipur want an end to the politics of blockades and bandhs and demand better educational and job opportunities in the state.
In Manipur, where the over three-month-long economic blockade has hit life, among the most popular form of campaigning for the March assembly polls is the unique 'Athenpot Thinba' or flag hoisting ceremony.
Security has been beefed up ahead of Prime Minister Narendra Modi's visit here to address a public rally in favour of BJP candidates for the upcoming Manipur Assembly elections.
Dangwimsai Pul is seeking a Central Bureau of Investigation probe into allegations levelled by late Kalikho Pul in the suicide note.
Armed militant`s involvement in the upcoming State Assembly Election is now clear, as well equipped cadres on Wednesday ambushed advance security team which were on their way to make free passage for the VIPs and VVIPs of Deputy Chief here.
Despite fatwa issued against her for contesting election, Manipur's first Muslim woman candidate Najima Bibi said she wants to continue her fight against domestic violence and work for uplift of Muslim women.
Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Pema Khandu has announced raising pension for differently abled people under Chief Minister's Disability Pension Scheme.
Shurhozelie Liezietsu was on Wednesday sworn in as the Chief Minister of Nagaland by Governor P B Acharya here.
The politics of poll bound Manipur may revolve around the economic blockade, but women traders of Mother's market here want their shops damaged in an earthquake a year ago to be repaired soon.
Shurhozelie Liezietsu will be the 17th Chief Minister of Nagaland.
Chairman of the outlawed Garo National Liberation Army (GNLA) Champion R Sangma was released on bail from Shillong district jail on Wednesday.
Manipur Deputy Chief Minister Gaikhangam on Tuesday escaped an assassination attempt in Tamenglong district when militants attacked his cavalcade. Police suspect a tribal militant outfit to be behind the attack.
The agitating tribal groups in Nagaland on Tuesday withdrew their indefinite shutdown on government offices and plying of government vehicles on the road, following the resignation of Chief Minister T.R. Zeliang on Sunday.
Congress on Monday said it would urge the Centre to provide constitutional safeguards for the territorial integrity of Manipur, if voted back to power.
He was today invited by Governor PB Acharya to form the next government after he emerged as the unanimous choice for the post and formally staked his claim.
An eminent scholar, Shurhozelie Liezitsu is one of the most decorated educationists in the Angami literature (the native language of the Angami tribe).
Naga People`s Front (NPF) leader Shurhozelie Liezietsu was on Monday elected the new legislature party leader of the ruling Democratic Alliance to be the new Nagaland Chief Minister.
Naga People`s Front leader Shurhozelie Liezietsu was on Monday elected the new legislature party leader of the ruling Democratic Alliance.
Once a force to reckon with in Manipur politics, the CPI and CPI(M) are fighting the Assembly election to regain their lost ground in the state.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday extended his greetings and wished state of Arunachal Pradesh and Mizoram on their Statehood Day, expressing his desire to see development usher into the states.
The likely successor of Nagaland Chief Minister TR Zeliang, who resigned on Sunday, will be chosen on Monday to lead the Democratic Alliance of Nagaland (DAN) coalition government in the north-eastern state.
The Congress Party has reportedly called for an urgent meeting on Monday to decide the next chief minister.
Asserting confidence over marking victory in Uttar Pradesh, Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh said that no one can point finger at the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leaders for corruption.
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah
- DNA: BJP President Amit Shah's Exclusive interview
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- LPG Gas Cylinder blasts in a restaurant in Delhi's Vikash Puri area killed 2 firemen, 2 injured
- DNA: Today in history, 24 February, 2017
- Watch - Shivratri festival being observed with great enthusiasm across the country
- DNA: Why Farooq Abdullah is having so much love towards anti-nationals?
- Delighted to be a part of Maha Shivratri celebrations: PM Modi in Coimbatore
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- ABVP, SFI activists clash in Pune University; many injured
- DNA: Former CM Kalikho Pul’s suicide note casts corruption allegations on judiciary
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened
- PM Narendra Modi's gift on Maha Shivaratari: A 112-foot face of Lord Shiva - Read details
- Deepika Padukone-Ranveer Singh break-up? Here's what the 'Padmavati' star has to say!
- Watch: Ravindra Jadeja teases Aussie captain Steve Smith with hilarious impersonation
- With love from Pakistan: Grant Elliot's unique PSL celebration has conquered the world — WATCH
- WATCH: Virat Kohli 'clean bowled' after being deceived by Australian talisman Steve O'Keefe
- Kanpur train derailment: PM Narendra Modi hints at Pakistan hand
- WATCH: When Pune crowd refused to return ball on India's collapsing day
- India vs Australia, 1st Test: Anil Kumble defends team, says it was just one bad day in office