Two women arms smugglers and an illegal manufacturer of weapons were arrested and a six 9-mm pistols, five magazines and a live round seized by a combined team of Assam Rifles and Manipur police.
North East News
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday greeted the three northeastern states of Tripura, Manipur and Meghalaya on their statehood day.
Expressing grave concern over the continued blockade of National Highway-2, Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh has asked the Manipur government to maintain public order in the state, including maintenance of essential supplies and a conducive atmosphere for holding elections next month.
A 25-year-old man was arrested after arms and ammunition were allegedly recovered from him at Thapa Daregnchi in Meghalaya's North Garo Hills (NGH) district on Thursday, police said.
Election to 60-member Manipur Assembly will be held on March 4 and 8.
Minister of States for Home Kiren Rijiju recently said the blockade in any form was "totally unacceptable"
Inugbamsanatombi Devi was arrested on Thursday along with Khoirom Ranjit, a Commander-in-Chief of KCP (Poirei Meitei), who is in police custody until January 19.
Union Human Resource Development Minister Prakash Javadekar on Sunday demanded resignation of Manipur Chief Minister Okram Ibobi Singh for his failure to end the ongoing economic blockade which has affected availability of essential commodities in the region.
The ruling Naga People's Front (NPF) on Sunday affirmed not to withdraw any candidate from the February 1 elections to Urban Local Bodies in the state in the face of the boycott call and warning of ex-communications to candidates by different tribal organisations in Nagaland.
Congress MLA Thounaojam Shyamkumar has denied Delhi Police`s charge that he has nexus with a proscribed underground organisation in Manipur.
Budget carrier IndiGo in association with Delhi Police today launched 'Akhiri Ahuti', a social service under which the Gurgaon-based airline would ferry free of cost the bodies of Northeast residents who die in Delhi to their homes.
Three cadres of NSCN(IM) and one sympathiser was apprehended from different locations of Thoubal district following three search operations by Manipur police commandos, a police officer said on Thursday.
The chief of Manipur's proscribed Kangliepak Communist Party was on Thursday arrested along with a woman from east Delhi's Mayur Vihar area.
Assam-based organisations of Manipuri people on Wednesday warned of retaliation if the Naga-imposed indefinite economic blockade of Manipur is not withdrawn soon.
The possible reason for this seems to be opposing the creation of new districts by the state government.
In a major breakthrough, Manipur Police have identified the militant group that had been threatening local editors.
Vehicles kept off road and very few people ventured outside during the eight-and-half-an-hour bandh called today by Angami Youth Organisation (AYO) in Kohima Municipality under Kohima district and Chumukedima and Mediziphema Town Councils, both under Dimapur district, today.
The sex racket came to light after an employee of a guest house owned by senior Congress leader and state Home Minister HDR Lyngdoh's son was arrested for pimping the victim last month.
The model code of conduct has come into effect in Manipur and Uttarakhand with an announcement of the poll schedule yesterday.
A 4.3 magnitude earthquake hit Myanmar on Thursday.
Eleven suspected supporters of United Naga Council were injured when they tried to storm the Deputy Commissioner's office in Senapati district to protest creation of seven new districts, police said today.
An Assam Rifles jawan has been killed and a civilian injured in an encounter with suspected militants at Khunthak village in Ukhrul district of Manipur.
Another moderate quake of magnitude 5.4 was recorded along the India-Myanmar border region at 12.20 AM.
Experts consider India's mountainous northeast the sixth major quake-prone belt in the world.
It is said that music knows no barriers and unites people.
The Left Front has been in power for the last 23 years in Tripura.
The BJP in Arunachal Pradesh on Friday made it clear that it will "only" support Pema Khandu government in the state and "will never" support any other chief minister.
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Today in history, 20th January, 2017
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- DNA: Will USA remain same under Donald Trump's leadership as President?
- Watch: Donald Trump's journey from a businessman to US President
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- DNA: Nonstop News
- DNA: Today in History, 21st January, 2017
- Why do political leaders misuse reservation and BR Ambedkar's name as election agenda?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Know the importance of moral values
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Donald Trump signs executive order against Obamacare on Day One
- Zaira Wasim involved in Twitter 'Dangal' with Sports minister Vijay Goel
- Yuvraj Singh trolls R Ashwin for photobombing his picture with Virat Kohli – See pic!
- VIDEO: When helicopter shot came to haunt Team India and skipper MS Dhoni himself
- Donald Trump takes oath as US President: Top 10 quotes from his inaugural speech
- India vs England: Embattled Shikhar Dhawan in hospital ahead of third ODI
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly Elections: Finally, Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance sealed
- BJP releases list of UP star campaigners; names of Varun Gandhi, LK Advani, Vinay Katiyar missing
- IND vs ENG, 3rd ODI, PREVIEW: Kohli & Co target clean sweep