Nagaland Chief Minister TR Zeliang on Saturday expanded his ministry, inducting eight Naga People`s Front (NPF) and two Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) legislators.
North East News
According to Assam State Disaster Management Authority, one person lost his life at Mayong revenue circle in Morigaon district.
A school teacher has been killed and five others have been injured in separate clashes between activists of the CPI(M) and BJP, police said today.
Ending the political crisis in Nagaland, newly appointed Chief Minister TR Zeliang on Friday won the crucial trust vote in the state assembly.
TR Zeliang has been sworn-in as the new Chief Minister of Nagaland on Wednesday.
The development took place after Nagaland CM Liezietsu didn't turn up for floor test, which was scheduled to take place today.
Embattled Nagaland Chief Minister Shurhozelie Liezietsu and his supporters on Wednesday failed to turn up in the Assembly to face the floor test following which the House was adjourned sine die.
A 3.4 magnitude earthquake shook Manipur`s Senapati on late Tuesday night.
Nagaland Chief Minister Shurhozelie Liezietsu didn't turn up for floor test, which was scheduled to take place on Wednesday.
The court had issued an interim order stalling the governor's directive till yesterday so that the matter could be taken up for hearing.
Union Minister for Finance Arun Jaitley, Minister for Agriculture and Farmers` Welfare Radha Mohan Singh, Union Home Secretary Rajiv Mehrishi and other senior officers of the ministries of Home, Finance and Agriculture attended the meeting.
The blockade to press for a separate state by carving out the Tripura Tribal Areas Autonomous District Council (TTAADC) area entered ninth day today.
The crucial Barak bridge located along the National Highway-102 collapsed Monday morning, cutting off land-locked Manipur from rest of the country, an official said.
Liezietsu made the appeal on the eve of the slated hearing by the Kohima bench of the Guwahati High Court of his plea against the Nagaland governor's directive to him to seek a confidence vote.
Close to 12 lakh people in 24 districts of Assam continued to reel under floods as the death toll reached 59 in the state on Saturday.
Amid the ongoing political turmoil in the state, Nagaland Governor Padmanabha Balakrishna Acharya on Saturday asserted that the one who has got the majority of votes should be the Chief Minister of the state, adding that the political stability is a must in the state.
The Army had told the apex court that judicial probes conducted into rape and murder charges against its personnel in Manipur were “biased”.
Incessant rains across Nagaland has led to flash floods and landslides in several areas of the state, officials on Thursday said.
Floods in northeast India that have killed at least 40 people and displaced nearly 1.5 million have also inundated a national park that is home to the world's largest concentration of one-horned rhinoceros.
At least 39 people have lost their lives in Assam where 15 lakh people in 23 districts have been affected by the deluge.
The National Green Tribunal on Wednesday rapped the Assam government for the death of several animals in road accidents in the Kaziranga National Park and directed it to ensure their safety, especially during monsoons.
In a relief to Arunachal Pradesh and Andaman and Nicobar Islands, the Supreme Court on Wednesday relaxed the 500 metre cap on liquor vends across the national and state highways there.
PM Modi on Wednesday expressed anguish over the flood situation in various parts of the Northeast.
More than 50 percent region of the national park has submerged.
Nagaland Governor PB Acharya on Tuesday postponed the floor test in view of the Presidential elections on July 17.
At least fourteen people are believed to have been killed after a massive landslide triggered by incessant rains hit Papum Pare district of Arunachal Pradesh on Tuesday.
In another development, police arrested a member of the banned terrorist outfit Kangleipak Communist Party (Lamyanba Khuman) and seized one .32 mm pistol with magazine, five live rounds and one Chinese-made hand grenade from his possession on Saturday.
Landslides, triggered by torrential rains in Manipur, have severely affected transport links to the landlocked state with buses and goods and fuel carriers stranded on national highways.
The Manipur government is not considering any reversal of the decision, Chief Minister N. Biren Singh said on Sunday in reply to the United Naga Council's demand for rollback of the creation of the seven new districts in the state.
The Nagaland government issued notifications terminating the appointment of Zeliang as Advisor (Finance) and Nuklotoshi as Advisor to Chief Minister.
- Maharashtra: Video of man being hacked to death in suspected gang war goes viral
- DNA: All you need to know about Shimla gang-rape case
- Reliance AGM: Know how you can get a free Jio 4G smartphone
- Watch: Dress rehearsal for oath-taking ceremony of President-elect Ram Nath Kovind
- Encounter between police and miscreants in Ghaziabad, one arrested
- Lesson to learn! Israel's way of dealing with stone pelters
- Watch: Alarming report on 'wrong-side driving' in India
- Earthquake hits Greece and Turkey: At least two dead, over 100 injured
- Naresh Agarwal issues notice against media for reporting his controversial statement in Parliament
- Basirhat: International Muslim Conference scheduled for today cancelled
- AAP MLA Prakash Jarwal accused of molesting a woman
- Indian rifleman martyred in Pakistan's ceasefire violation in Rajouri, J&K
- Watch: Heavy rains cause flood-like situation in various parts of country
- DNA: Nonstop News
- DNA: Today In History, July 21, 2017
- WATCH: Harmanpreet Kaur's sensational six in BBL that even left Adam Gilchrist awestruck
- 'Expelled' from Congress, Shankersinh Vaghela heaps praise on RSS
- Toilet: Ek Prem Katha leaked online, Akshay Kumar appeals fans to say 'no to piracy'
- Munna Michael movie review: Cliched and uninspiring
- VTU Results: Visvesvaraya Technological University VTU 8th sem results declared, check @ vtu.ac.in
- 45-year-old Chinese woman skips breakfast for eight years, develops 200 gallstones
- OMG! Croc 'returns' body of man after witch doctor summons it: Watch Video
- India will surely lose if it engages with China militarily, warns Chinese daily on Dokalam row
- WATCH: Deepti Sharma takes a stunner to dismiss Nicole Bolton in IND vs AUS WWC 2017 semi-final
- Have fertility problems? This app helps Kashmiri woman get pregnant after 7 years
- Saif Ali Khan writes an open letter on 'nepotism debate' and his apology to Kangana Ranaut
- Pune techie bleeds to death on road; onlookers click photos, videos
- Smriti Irani hits back at Rahul Gandhi for taking dig at Centre, says ‘thank you’
- 30-year-old Pune man consumes liquid nitrogen, tears his abdomen
- Rajeev Shukla congratulates Team India and Harmanpreet Kaur for reaching 'Champions Trophy' final