Having managed to oust Congress and other regional parties and forming governments in Arunachal Pradesh and Manipur, the BJP has now set its sight on CPM-stronghold Tripura.
North East News
A minor earthquake was recorded in India's northeastern states and parts of Bangladesh on Tuesday night, an official said.
At least 669 people in Mizoram were infected with Dengue since October 2012 but no one died due to the vector borne disease in the state, Health Minister Lal Thanzara informed the state Assembly on Tuesday.
Mizoram Assembly on Monday unanimously passed the supplementary demand for grants for 2016-17 amounting to Rs 1,645.38 crore.
Opposition Congress on Monday pressed for expeditiously taking up of its substantive motion on the conduct of the Governors of Goa and Manipur in not calling the single largest party to form government after the assembly elections.
Manipur Chief Minister Nongthombam Biren Singh on Monday won the crucial floor test in the 60-member Manipur State Assembly.
In a significant development for the residents here, indefinite economic blockade imposed by United Naga Council in Manipur five months ago is all set to be lifted from Sunday midnight.
Another round of tripartite talks involving the State Government, the United Naga Council (UNC) and the Central Government will be held on Sunday at Senapati Deputy Commissioner office here.
Normal life was today paralysed in Sabroom subdivision of South Tripura district after a dawn-to-dusk bandh was called by the ruling CPI(M) over the death of three tribals, allegedly in firing by the BSF.
Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Pema Khandu has written to his Karnataka counterpart Siddaramaiah requesting his personal intervention in punishing the culprit who assaulted an Arunachalee student in Bengaluru recently.
Manipur Chief Minister N Biren Singh today said he would apprise the Centre about reports of "unofficial designated camps of NSCN(IM) in the state".
Arunachal Pradesh Governor P.B. Acharya and Chief Minister Pema Khandu on Thursday shot off letters to their Karnataka counterparts seeking legal action against the landlord for assaulting Higio Gungtey, an undergraduate student.
The newly appointed Manipur Chief Minister N Biren Singh today initiated the process to lift the over four-month long economic blockade in the state, a BJP leader said.
The United Naga Council (UNC) has rejected Manipur`s new Chief Minister N Biren Singh`s appeal to end the economic blockade of the state.
Assam Rifles have arrested two Islamic State suspects from a border town in Manipur, police sources said on Thursday.
The Congress in Manipur on Wednesday expelled newly-elected party legislator T Shyamkumar for six years after he was sworn in as a cabinet minister during the day.
Out of the over 1.4 lakh complaints of human rights violations received by the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) during the past five years, only 96 complaints were from Nagaland.
Former Congress Chief Minister Okram Ibobi Singh on Wednesday said his party will be a responsible watchdog of the coalition government lef by the BJP.
Manipur`s new Chief Minister N. Biren Singh on Wednesday said his first priority is to get lifted the indefinite economic blockade of the state imposed by the United Naga Council (UNC).
Nongthombam Biren Singh has been sworn in as the Manipur Chief Minister, becomes first BJP CM of the state.
Nongthombam Biren Singh was unanimously elected leader of the BJP Legislature Party on Monday.
The powerful North East Students' Union (NESO) on Tuesday demanded that Hindu and Muslim Bangladeshis who have illegally entered into Assam and other northeastern states must be deported.
The indefinite hunger strike, undertaken by ABSU and other Bodo groups, today entered the fifth day for a separate Bodoland.
Nongthombam Biren Singh is all set to be the next chief minister of Manipur as the state Governor Najma Heptulla on Tuesday invited BJP to form government.
Nongthombam Biren Singh, who was elected leader of BJP Manipur legislature wing on Monday, will be sworn in as the 24th chief minister of Manipur on Wednesday.
Four Naga People's Front MLAs met Manipur Governor Najma Heptulla on Tuesday and extended their support to the BJP for formation of the new government in the state.
At least three persons were killed including the driver of a diesel tanker on Mawpun- Umroi Shillong Bypass on Tuesday.
Four Naga People's Front (NPF) MLAs today met Manipur Governor Najma Heptulla and extended their support to the BJP for formation of the new government in the state.
Altogether 17 persons including 11 policemen, two photo journalists and two party activists each from Trinamool Congress (TMC) and BJP, were injured in a clash between the two groups.
In a major development in Manipur politics on Monday, N Biren Singh has been elected as BJP's legislature party leader.
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Terror attack outside British Parliament, several injured
- Delhi doctors wear helmets to work in support to their counterparts in Maharashtra
- DNA: Heroes of surgical strike receives gallantry award
- Netaji Subhash Park in Yogi Adityanath's hometown Gorakhpur under illegal occupation
- Why terror attacks are increasing in European countries
- DNA: Analysing the problem of water scarcity in India
- DNA: Why India is lacking behind many countries in World happiness index?
- DNA: Today in history, 23 March 2017
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers
- Kapil Sharma case: Bombay HC stays FIR against comedian, directs BMC to resolve dispute
- SUDDEN INSPECTION! What happened when Yogi Adityanath paid surprise visit to Hazratganj police station
- VIRAL VIDEO: Here's what some Muslims did when Yogi Adityanath became UP CM
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad hits Air India staffer with slipper; complainant says 'God save our country'
- How will Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad go back to Pune? After Air India, IndiGo cancels his ticket
- Shaun Tait becomes an 'Overseas Citizen of India' – Does that make him eligible to play for India in future?