Armed militant`s involvement in the upcoming State Assembly Election is now clear, as well equipped cadres on Wednesday ambushed advance security team which were on their way to make free passage for the VIPs and VVIPs of Deputy Chief here.
North East News
Despite fatwa issued against her for contesting election, Manipur's first Muslim woman candidate Najima Bibi said she wants to continue her fight against domestic violence and work for uplift of Muslim women.
Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Pema Khandu has announced raising pension for differently abled people under Chief Minister's Disability Pension Scheme.
Shurhozelie Liezietsu was on Wednesday sworn in as the Chief Minister of Nagaland by Governor P B Acharya here.
The politics of poll bound Manipur may revolve around the economic blockade, but women traders of Mother's market here want their shops damaged in an earthquake a year ago to be repaired soon.
Shurhozelie Liezietsu will be the 17th Chief Minister of Nagaland.
Chairman of the outlawed Garo National Liberation Army (GNLA) Champion R Sangma was released on bail from Shillong district jail on Wednesday.
Manipur Deputy Chief Minister Gaikhangam on Tuesday escaped an assassination attempt in Tamenglong district when militants attacked his cavalcade. Police suspect a tribal militant outfit to be behind the attack.
The agitating tribal groups in Nagaland on Tuesday withdrew their indefinite shutdown on government offices and plying of government vehicles on the road, following the resignation of Chief Minister T.R. Zeliang on Sunday.
Congress on Monday said it would urge the Centre to provide constitutional safeguards for the territorial integrity of Manipur, if voted back to power.
He was today invited by Governor PB Acharya to form the next government after he emerged as the unanimous choice for the post and formally staked his claim.
An eminent scholar, Shurhozelie Liezitsu is one of the most decorated educationists in the Angami literature (the native language of the Angami tribe).
Naga People`s Front (NPF) leader Shurhozelie Liezietsu was on Monday elected the new legislature party leader of the ruling Democratic Alliance to be the new Nagaland Chief Minister.
Naga People`s Front leader Shurhozelie Liezietsu was on Monday elected the new legislature party leader of the ruling Democratic Alliance.
Once a force to reckon with in Manipur politics, the CPI and CPI(M) are fighting the Assembly election to regain their lost ground in the state.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday extended his greetings and wished state of Arunachal Pradesh and Mizoram on their Statehood Day, expressing his desire to see development usher into the states.
The likely successor of Nagaland Chief Minister TR Zeliang, who resigned on Sunday, will be chosen on Monday to lead the Democratic Alliance of Nagaland (DAN) coalition government in the north-eastern state.
The Congress Party has reportedly called for an urgent meeting on Monday to decide the next chief minister.
Asserting confidence over marking victory in Uttar Pradesh, Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh said that no one can point finger at the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leaders for corruption.
A total of 168 candidates are left in the fray for the first phase of polls in Manipur in 38 Assembly constituencies.
Though women voters outnumber men in the electoral rolls in Manipur, only a small number of them have featured in the candidate lists of political parties in the upcoming state Assembly elections here.
Activist Irom Sharmila, who is making her electoral debut in the Manipur polls, today said she has not given up her fight against controversial law AFSPA but only changed her strategy.
With severe shortage of funds and manpower, Irom Sharmila's party Peoples' Resurgence and Justice Alliance (PRJA) has taken to online crowdfunding to raise funds and campaigning on cycle to reach out to the masses.
The Trinamool Congress on Saturday said it would raise in Parliament the issue of ongoing economic blockade in Manipur and already urged the Election Commission to take action to lift the blockade.
Over 1,500 Congress activists including party`s senior leaders were arrested on Friday after they participated in a civil disobedience movement in support of their 12-point demands.
With Manipur facing an indefinite economic blockade imposed by UNC, Chief Minister Okram Ibobi Singh today said the state belongs to all ethnic groups and majority should not disturb the minority or vice-versa.
Wife of former Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Kalikho Pul, who committed suicide last year, today demanded a CBI probe into his death.
Human rights activist Irom Sharmila plans to get married after the upcoming assembly elections in Manipur in March.
Welcoming Indira Oinam to the party fold, Manipur Chief Minister O Ibobi Singh expressed confidence that her joining would bolster the Congress.
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes for tainted SP minister Gayatri Prajapati raises questions
- BMC elections: BJP-Shiv Sena contesting separately for first time in 20 years
- BJP begins counselling youths in Kashmir against stone pelting
- DNA: Analysis on mobile technology disinfection that pose threat to patients
- Himachal Pradesh's Mandi enters Limca Book of World Records
- DNA: Today in history, 21 February, 2017
- Children subjected to cruelty on allegations of mobile stealing
- DNA: Today in History | February 20, 2017
- DNA: Analysis of the danger and threat to human life due to air pollution
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH
- 'BJP gaining in Uttar Pradesh Assembly Elections after Hindutva introduced in campaign'
- MS Dhoni set to lead Jharkhand in 2017 Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Scam in Arvind Kejriwal's 'Mohalla Clinic'? Vigilance Department initiates probe over doctors earning Rs 4 lakh/month
- 'Cyanide' Mallika, Sasikala's dangerous neighbour in Bengaluru prison, shifted
- Javed Miandad unfazed by Pakistani players' absence from IPL, says we've got our own PSL
- Amar Singh makes explosive claim, says Mulayam scripted Samajwadi Party family feud to help Akhilesh
- Trump's immigration plans to impact 3 lakh Indian-Americans, EU ready to welcome more Indian skilled workers
- Lasith Malinga vs Travis Head: IPL preview in Australia — WATCH
- Do you suffer from chronic knee pain? Online treatment may help you!
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: When Mahendra Singh Dhoni travelled in train with Jharkhand teammates