Bikash Das, who belongs to a family that comes below the poverty line, has secured 582 rank in the SC category, and is now eligible for a seat in the IIT.
A father carried the dead body of her minor daughter on the district medical stretcher to his village, in perhaps yet another shameful incident.
The Department of Higher Education (DHE) Odisha has released the first phase cut off list for admissions into +2 courses in colleges.
The MeT office forecast occurrence of heavy rainfall in one or two places in Balasore, Bhadrak, Kendrapara, Keonjhar, Mayurbhanj, Dhenkanal, Angul and Jajpur districts.
Amid speculation of BJD MP Baijayant Panda planning to join the BJP, Union minister Dharmendra Pradhan on Saturday said the saffron party welcomed all good people to its fold.
The bandh observers demanded immediate opening of the gates of the barrage so that the flow of Mahanadi into Odisha from Chhattisgarh does not get affected.
The police said that a banner, allegedly put up by the red rebels, at the proposed educational complex of KISS at Panchada in Koraput district was seized yesterday.
A truck collided with an auto-rickshaw killing eight people and seriously injuring two passengers in Jagatsinghpur district on Saturday.
Around 100 CCTV cameras have been installed to monitor the bathing ritual of the deities.
Sunstroke toll climbed to 16 in Odisha on Friday even as rains and a nor'wester in some areas brought respite from intense heat in the state.
Union Petroleum Minister Dharmendra Pradhan on Thursday urged Water Resources Minister Uma Bharti to advise the Chhattisgarh government to open the gates of Kalma barrage to ensure free flow of water in the Mahanadi river.
Senior Odisha BJP leader and Oil minister Dharmendra Pradhan has requested Union Water Resources minister Uma Bharti to advice Chattisgarh government to ensure free flow of water in Mahanandi river.
A Maoist couple, involved in a number of crimes including murder and carrying rewards totalling Rs nine lakh on their heads, surrendered before police in Malkangiri district on Wednesday to return to the mainstream as they were fed up with naxal activities.
Odisha, which has been hit by severe heat, is likely to experience rainfall and thunder squall by Wednesday, the Met department said.
The two accused were produced before the chit fund court that remanded them to five days' police custody.
“Our boys are on high morale and have given a befitting reply to the Maoists," Director General of Police K B Singh after visiting the attack site.
One jawan belonging to the Special Operations Group (SOG) was martyred in an encounter with Maoists near Kandhamal district of Odisha on Sunday evening.
A Maoist involved in half a dozen murder cases and carrying a reward of Rs four lakh reward on his head was killed in an encounter with security forces in Malkangiri district early on Saturday.
India on Friday successfully test-fired Prithvi-II ballistic missile from the launch pad No.3 of the Integrated Test Range (ITR) at Chandipur in Odisha's Balasore.
Internet users are going crazy over this dance video of college girls.
The Council of Higher Secondary Education (CHSE), Odisha declared Result of +2 (Class XII) Arts/Commerce (Regular) Exam 2017 on Wednesday.
The CHSE Class 12th Arts & Commerce results will be declared by the Council of Higher Secondary Education (CHSE), Odisha today.
Click on orissaresults.nic.in and chseodisha.nic.in to access CHSE Odisha Plus Two Exam arts and commerce Results 2017, CHSE +2 Result, CHSE 12th Results 2017, Odisha +2 Results 2017, CHSE Odisha 12th Results 2017.
The Council of Higher Secondary Education (CHSE), Odisha will declare the CHSE Odisha Results 2017, Odisha class 12th Result 2017 on Wednesday.
Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Tuesday sought the urgent personal intervention of Union Human Resource Development Minister Prakash Javadekar to address the discrepancies in CBSE class 12 results of the state's students.
Alleged supporters of Biju Janata Dal MLA Pratap Jena hurled eggs at party MP Jay Panda on Tuesday, after the former was not invited during a water tank inauguration ceremony.
The Odisha government has sounded alert in four districts and has asked fishermen not to venture into the sea as cyclonic storm 'Mora' is likely to trigger heavy rainfall in some parts of the state on Tuesday.
The students and their parents gathered outside the board's regional office in Saheed Nagar area holding placards and raising slogans, a day after CBSE declared class XII results.
The system is likely to intensify further into a severe cyclonic storm during the next 12 hours, likely to move north-northeastwards and cross Bangladesh coast.
The Council of Higher Secondary Education, Odisha will declare the CHSE Odisha Results 2017, Odisha class 12th Result 2017, Orissa Board (CHSE) Class 12th Commerce / Arts Examination Results 2017, CHSE 12th Results 2017, Odisha +2 Results 2017 on Monday.
- Watch: Nitish Kumar takes oath as Bihar CM
- Watch - Bike riders swept away with flood water in West Bengal
- Cabinet reshuffle soon: JD(U) likely to get ministerial berths
- Bihar Assembly trust vote: Some Congress MLAs may back Nitish Kumar
- PM Modi hails Nitish for moving out of Bihar 'Mahagathbandhan'
- It's for Nitish Kumar to decide on allying with BJP: Ravi Shankar Prasad
- Zee News remains number 1 Hindi channel for 29th week
- Watch : 2-storey building collapses in Ahmedabad
- JD(U) chief said will die but not join BJP: Lalu Yadav
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Indian women's cricket team
- Dr Subhash Chandra raises cable licensing issue in Parliament
- Gujarat floods: Death toll rises to 123
- Watch: Drums being used to warn people about floods in Gujarat
- Watch - The ten biggest international news of the day
- Watch: Akshay Kumar hails Indian Women's Cricket Team
- Nitish Kumar's swearing-in ceremony: As it happened
- WATCH: Virat Kohli, Ravi Shastri burst into laughter with Ravindra Jadeja's dressing room act
- Pakistan cricketers set to get richer as PCB receives Rs 230 million from ICC as Champions Trophy prize money
- Bharti Singh to quit 'The Kapil Sharma Show' - Here's why
- Rift in JD(U) over aligning with BJP: Sharad Yadav not kept in loop by Nitish, say senior leaders
- 'Not a sign of healthy democracy': Mayawati on Nitish Kumar's JD(U) alliance with BJP
- India's Tour of Sri Lanka 2017: 1st Test, Day 2 — As it happened...
- Panama Papers case: Pakistan's Supreme Court disqualifies PM Nawaz Sharif
- Kapil Sharma Show: Sumona Chakravarti will NEVER work with Krushna Abhishek—Here's why
- Will Nitish Kumar's 'ghar wapsi' in NDA help BJP in Rajya Sabha? Here are the numbers
- French lawmakers approve law banning nepotism
- Britain plans to send warship to South China Sea in move likely to irk Beijing
- Nitish Kumar wins floor test in Bihar; Modi-led NDA goes strong in 18 Indian states
- Wish you were our PM, Pakistan would've changed: Woman tweets to Sushma Swaraj
- Nitish Kumar's floor test in Bihar Assembly tomorrow: A quick look at party-wise position