BJP's National Executive Meet is going on in Odisha.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday met the family members of the freedom fighters, who undertook an armed rebellion against the British rulers in the state in 1817.
However, he added that the party's manifesto has made it clear that it is for a grand temple in the Uttar Pradesh town.
The main agenda of the meet is to discuss ways to increase BJP's political footprint and plan a roadmap for the assembly and Lok Sabha polls in 2019.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi was given a rousing welcome by the people here today during his 9 -km roadshow that he held soon after arriving at the city airport to attend the BJP national executive meet.
BJP's two-day national executive meeting will begin here on Saturday with all the party bigwigs, including Prime Minister Narendra Modi, joining the deliberations.
The BJP on Friday said Prime Minister Narendra Modi has decided to make Odisha the laboratory of welfare schemes for the poor.
Rain and thundershower coupled with gusty surface wind are likely at some places in coastal Odisha and adjoining areas by Saturday due to a well marked low pressure over the Bay of Bengal.
In a bid to avoid closure of liquor shops in the state in the wake of a Supreme Court order, the Odisha government has renamed the state highways passing through cities and towns as `urban roads`.
As the violence-hit town turned near normal, Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik today visited Bhadrak and promised stern action against those responsible for violence and full compensation to all who suffered loss.
With normalcy limping back, and no untoward incident reported in last 48 hours in violence-hit Bhadrak town in Odisha, the district administration has relaxed curfew the from 7 a.m. till 4 p.m. on Wednesday.
Curfew has been relaxed till 2 pm on Tuesday in Odisha`s Bhadrak town, which was rocked with violence over alleged abusive comments against Hindu deities on Facebook.
Curfew was relaxed for six hours on Monday in Bhadrak, where 80 people were arrested in connection with violence triggered by abusive remarks against Hindu deities, even as social media platforms remained blocked in the area to prevent spread of rumours.
With a gradual improvement in the situation in trouble-torn Bhadrak town in Odisha, the administration on Monday relaxed curfew for six hours even as social media platforms remained blocked.
Curfew was relaxed for six hours here on Monday even as social media platforms remained blocked in the area and probe stepped up against rumormongers and into alleged abusive remarks on Hindu deities that triggered violence in the town.
The deadline for farmers in Ganjam district to register their names online for paddy procurement has been extended till April 15.
The Rapid Action Force (RAF) and CRPF took out a flag march even as curfew was relaxed for four hours on Sunday in Bhadrak town where violence had broken out over alleged abusive remarks against Hindu deities on social media.
The Crime Branch of the Odisha Police has begun an investigation into an incidence of communal violence last week in Bhadrak town where the curfew was reimposed till Monday morning.
Curfew has been re-imposed in Bhadrak region as the Odisha Police's crime branch today began its probe into the recent violence.
According to ANI, Section 144 has been imposed in Bhadrak, Dhamnagar and Basudevpur areas following protests.
It's an amazing story telling how extraordinary courage of a 6-year-old girl saved her friend's life.
A class IX girl student was allegedly raped by one of her classmates, while three others videographed the act in Nayagarh district of Odisha, said police on Monday.
A physically challenged minor girl was allegedly raped by a youth inside the premises of Lord Jagannath temple here, police said on Sunday.
A physically challenged minor girl was allegedly raped by a youth inside the premises of Lord Jagannath temple here, police said today.
At least 13 places in the state recorded temperature above 40 degrees Celsius.
The Prime Minister will be in Odisha on April 15 and 16 to attend BJP's national executive meeting.
Villagers of Odisha's Baripada on Wednesday beat up a school teacher for allegedly sexually assaulting girl students of Marakandi primary school.
A 16-year-old girl was allegedly gangraped by five people, including a cousin for over a week in a forest in Odisha's Ganjam district, police said on Tuesday.
- Modi in US: Talks on terror, H1B visa top priority in Modi-Trump meet
- Trump-Modi first meeting updates live on Zee News
- No country questioned India's surgical strikes, says PM Modi in US
- Modi in US: Donald Trump realises highly competent Indians necessary for US companies
- PM Modi - President Trump meeting at White House: Ten big things
- PM Modi, President Trump hug each other in Rose Garden at White House
- Modi-Trump meet: India, US to work together to ensure peace in Afghanistan
- Experts view on PM Narendra Modi's US visit
- Watch! Here are 20 key points of Modi-Trump meet
- PM Narendra Modi addresses media at White House's Rose Garden - Watch
- Jolt to Pakistan: US declares Hizbul Chief Syed Salahuddin a global terrorist
- Eid being celebrated across the country today
- Modi in US: I will fulfill the dreams you have seen for India, PM tells Indian diaspora
- At least 6 dead, several missing after tourist boat sinks in Colombia
- Donald Trump, wife Melania accord warm red carpet welcome to PM Narendra Modi at the White House
- Rajdhani, Shatabdi trains set for a big makeover from October this year
- When NSA Ajit Doval saved PM Narendra Modi from likely embarrassment in US
- Chinese troops enter India in Sikkim sector, scuffle with Army jawans, destroy Indian bunkers
- Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath greets people on Eid-ul-Fitr
- WATCH: Kuldeep Yadav outfoxes Jason Holder, MS Dhoni does the rest to send West Indies skipper packing
- PM Narendra Modi’s candid comments with Donald Trump, Melania at White House – Watch video
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet to take up proposal on allowances tomorrow, will govt employees get HRA higher than Mathur panel?
- Guess what PM Modi gifted President Trump and wife Melania!
- Kerala Sabarimala temple's gold-coated flag damaged; three held
- Narendra Modi-Donald Trump meet - As it happened
- After Eid prayers, clashes break out between security forces, stone pelters in Kashmir Valley; 10 protesters injured
- WATCH: Virat Kohli simulates MS Dhoni's 'Helicopter shot' for a six during 2nd ODI against West Indies
- In fresh warning to India, al Qaeda says will target those who kill 'Kashmiri brothers'
- India's tour of West Indies: Skipper Virat Kohli hints at Rishabh Pant's inclusion for third ODI
- WATCH: Virat Kohli wishes 'Eid Mubarak' to all his fans