It seems the growing popularity of BJP in Odisha is making ruling BJD truly nervous!
Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Monday ordered a Crime Branch probe into a Facebook post that showed pictures of over 100 girl students with derogatory remarks.
BJP will hold its two-day national executive meeting in the Odisha capital from April 15.
With mercury level hovering near 40 degree Celsius in most parts of the western Odisha, the IMD today issued heatwave warning for next 48 hours.
The feasibility study of the ambitious highway project along Odisha coastline is likely to be completed next month.
The city police on Tuesday busted a fake currency racket with the arrest of a man from the railway station here.
The opposition BJP and Congress disrupted proceedings in the Odisha assembly for the fifth consecutive day today demanding constitution of a House committee to probe into farmers suicide in the state.
Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik today hinted at a possible reshuffle in the council of ministers after the budget session of the assembly Ends on April 7.
The Congress leadership on Tuesday refused to accept the resignation of party General Secretary BK Hariprasad.
On the eve of Holi, sand artist Manas Sahoo has created a sand sculpture of Lord Radhakrishna playing Holi, depicting the essence of the festival on the golden sea beach.
Ahead of election for zila parishad (ZP) heads, the state government has amended the Odisha Zilla Parishad Election Rules-1994, an official said on Friday.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday paid tributes to Biju Patnaik on his birth anniversary and acknowledged his diligence with which he served the society.
Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Thursday dismissed reports about his alleged ill-health doing the rounds on the social media and said he is fit.
The Odisha government has facilitated self-employment opportunities for 11.21 lakh youth through 2.49 lakh MSME units in the state, a minister said on Thursday.
Odisha Assembly Speaker Niranjan Pujari today directed the state government to make a statement on the alleged suicide of a farmer in Bargarh and distress sale of vegetables in different districts, by March 4.
Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Monday said the performance of the ruling BJD will be reviewed diligently and correctives applied in both the party and government.
Even though the ruling Biju Janata Dal (BJD) retained the top position in the recently concluded panchayat polls in Odisha, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has taken a giant stride forward, while the faction-ridden Congress party got decimated.
Union Minister Dharmendra Pradhan today asked the BJD and Congress to apologise to the people of Odisha for failing to usher in development rather than criticising the Prime Minister's remark on the state.
Odisha has registered a gross state domestic product (GSDP) growth rate of 7.94 per cent in 2016-17 against the national average of 7.1 per cent, besides registering a big reduction in the rate of poverty.
The ruling BJD in Odisha and opposition BJP accused each other of having an unholy nexus with the Congress in the state Panchayat elections.
The Odisha Assembly today witnessed uproar when opposition Congress and BJP demanded a discussion on the violence during the three-tire panchayat elections which ended on February 21.
At least five tribals were severly beaten up by Maoists suspecting them as police informers and also for casting votes in the three-tire panchayat elections in Malkangiri district, police said today.
Ruling BJD president Naveen Patnaik today asked party MLAs not to be disheartened by the trends emerging from the Odisha Panchayat elections and take it as a wake-up call.
An average of 77 per cent of the electorate today cast their votes amidst tight security in the last and final phase of the three-tier Panchayat election in Odisha.
Polling is currently underway for the fifth and final phase of three-tier Panchayat polls in 26 districts of Odisha.
As the fourth phase of Panchayat elections ended today in Odisha and trends indicated that the ruling BJD has suffered losses, party leaders have blamed the setback on Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik.
"The fourth phase of panchayat polls ended peacefully in the state, excluding some minor disturbances," Senapati said.
Drones have been deployed in Maoist-hit Malkangiri district of Odisha for aerial surveillance during the fourth phase of panchayat elections today to ensure smooth voting.
State Election Commission had announced repolling in 62 wards under 24 gram panchayat under 14 blocks spread over 11 district, an SEC statement said.
- Modi in US: Talks on terror, H1B visa top priority in Modi-Trump meet
- Trump-Modi first meeting updates live on Zee News
- No country questioned India's surgical strikes, says PM Modi in US
- Modi in US: Donald Trump realises highly competent Indians necessary for US companies
- PM Modi - President Trump meeting at White House: Ten big things
- PM Modi, President Trump hug each other in Rose Garden at White House
- Modi-Trump meet: India, US to work together to ensure peace in Afghanistan
- Experts view on PM Narendra Modi's US visit
- Watch! Here are 20 key points of Modi-Trump meet
- PM Narendra Modi addresses media at White House's Rose Garden - Watch
- Jolt to Pakistan: US declares Hizbul Chief Syed Salahuddin a global terrorist
- Eid being celebrated across the country today
- Modi in US: I will fulfill the dreams you have seen for India, PM tells Indian diaspora
- At least 6 dead, several missing after tourist boat sinks in Colombia
- Donald Trump, wife Melania accord warm red carpet welcome to PM Narendra Modi at the White House
- Rajdhani, Shatabdi trains set for a big makeover from October this year
- When NSA Ajit Doval saved PM Narendra Modi from likely embarrassment in US
- Chinese troops enter India in Sikkim sector, scuffle with Army jawans, destroy Indian bunkers
- Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath greets people on Eid-ul-Fitr
- WATCH: Kuldeep Yadav outfoxes Jason Holder, MS Dhoni does the rest to send West Indies skipper packing
- PM Narendra Modi’s candid comments with Donald Trump, Melania at White House – Watch video
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet to take up proposal on allowances tomorrow, will govt employees get HRA higher than Mathur panel?
- Guess what PM Modi gifted President Trump and wife Melania!
- Kerala Sabarimala temple's gold-coated flag damaged; three held
- Narendra Modi-Donald Trump meet - As it happened
- After Eid prayers, clashes break out between security forces, stone pelters in Kashmir Valley; 10 protesters injured
- WATCH: Virat Kohli simulates MS Dhoni's 'Helicopter shot' for a six during 2nd ODI against West Indies
- In fresh warning to India, al Qaeda says will target those who kill 'Kashmiri brothers'
- India's tour of West Indies: Skipper Virat Kohli hints at Rishabh Pant's inclusion for third ODI
- WATCH: Virat Kohli wishes 'Eid Mubarak' to all his fans