The Naxals were neutralised in a joint operation by the Odisha Police and their counterparts from Andhra Pradesh.
A depression over east-central Bay of Bengal moved east-north-eastwards, intensified into a deep depression today and lay centered over Bay of Bengal.
The death toll in Odisha`s SUM Hospital fire has mounted to 26, as a person undergoing treatment at Apollo Hospital here succumbed to injuries on Saturday, a health official said.
His resignation came after Union Health Minister J P Nadda pointed out faults in the safety measures at the Sum Hospital.
Odisha has seen terrible human-animal conflict in the last six years, resulting in the deaths of 454 people and 2,261 animals, including 388 elephants, a Forest Department report said.
On Friday, the death toll in the deadly SUM hospital inferno has risen to 24.Earlier, Manoj Naik, owner of Bhubaneswar`s SUM Hospital was arrested by the state police on Thursday morning.
Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Thursday said that those found to be guilty in the SUM hospital fire mishap case won't be spared.
A day after the Odisha Police issued a Look Out notice against Manoj Nayak and his wife Saswati Das, SUM Hospital founder on Thursday surrendered.
The SUM Hospital here, where a devastating blaze on Monday claimed 21 lives, was running without fire safety clearance, Union Health Minister JP Nadda said on Wednesday, even as the police issued a 'Lookout Circular' against two members of the trust that runs the facility.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday sanctioned an ex gratia of Rs 2 lakh each for the families of those killed in the Odisha hospital fire.
Commissioner of Police, Bhubaneswar-Cuttack on Wednesday issued a 'Look Out Circular' against two senior members of Sikshya O Anusandhan Charitable Trust which runs the hospital.
Union Health Minister JP Nadda on Wednesday inspected the SUM hospital where a massive fire mishap had claimed the lives of at least 20 people on Monday.
Most of the deaths in the four-storey Sum hospital took place due to suffocation and asphyxiation.
The authorities of Siksha 'O' Anusandhan University, which runs the Institute of Medical Sciences and Sum Hospital, on Tuesday announced an ex-gratia of Rs 5 lakh each to the victims' families.
The death toll in the Bhubaneswar's Sum Hospital fire has risen to 24.
Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik has ordered a RDC-level probe into a fire that broke out at SUM Hospital in Bhubaneswar on Monday evening.
Union Health Minister JP Nadda said that the Central Government was ready to extend any help required to tackle the fire incident that killed at least 22 persons at a private hospital in Bhubaneshwar.
More than 15 patients are reported to have died in the fire at Sum Hospital in Bhubaneswar.
At least 17 patients died in a fire that broke out at the Sum Hospital in Bhubaneswar.
Massive fire breaks out in Odisha hospital.
With the death of two more children, the toll due to Japanese Encephalitis (JE) on Saturday went up to 53 in over a month in tribal-dominated Malkangiri district of Odisha.
Former Supreme Court Justice Markandey Katju later apologised on Facebook for his remarks.
In an act of bravery, a group of karate-trained girls in the city thrashed five eve teasers and handed them over to the police recently.
Three more persons died of Japanese Encephalitis virus on Wednesday in Odisha`s Malkangiri district, taking the death toll to 48.
The death toll due to Japanese Encephalitis has reached 38 in Odisha's Malkangiri district while the disease continues to spread its tentacles to other districts.
Sishir Gamang, son of former Odisha Chief Minister Giridhar Gamang, on Saturday charged his wife with harassment, torture of their minor son and an extramarital affair.
Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu on Thursday ordered a thorough probe into the accident.
Passenger train (number 78408) hit the good train (BCN-DANKUNI) from behind in Odisha.
After the shocking incident of Dana Majhi who carried his dead wife`s body for 10 kms in Odisha`s Kalahandi district, another tragic incident has surfaced in the state where daughters had to dismantle the roof of their home to collect wood for their mother`s funeral.
Patnaik said the incident took place at Gumudumaha village under Baliguda block of Kandhamal district during an anti-Maoist operation by SOG personnel on July 8.
- Modi in US: Talks on terror, H1B visa top priority in Modi-Trump meet
- Trump-Modi first meeting updates live on Zee News
- No country questioned India's surgical strikes, says PM Modi in US
- Modi in US: Donald Trump realises highly competent Indians necessary for US companies
- PM Modi - President Trump meeting at White House: Ten big things
- PM Modi, President Trump hug each other in Rose Garden at White House
- Modi-Trump meet: India, US to work together to ensure peace in Afghanistan
- Experts view on PM Narendra Modi's US visit
- Watch! Here are 20 key points of Modi-Trump meet
- PM Narendra Modi addresses media at White House's Rose Garden - Watch
- Jolt to Pakistan: US declares Hizbul Chief Syed Salahuddin a global terrorist
- Eid being celebrated across the country today
- Modi in US: I will fulfill the dreams you have seen for India, PM tells Indian diaspora
- At least 6 dead, several missing after tourist boat sinks in Colombia
- Donald Trump, wife Melania accord warm red carpet welcome to PM Narendra Modi at the White House
- Rajdhani, Shatabdi trains set for a big makeover from October this year
- When NSA Ajit Doval saved PM Narendra Modi from likely embarrassment in US
- Chinese troops enter India in Sikkim sector, scuffle with Army jawans, destroy Indian bunkers
- Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath greets people on Eid-ul-Fitr
- WATCH: Kuldeep Yadav outfoxes Jason Holder, MS Dhoni does the rest to send West Indies skipper packing
- PM Narendra Modi’s candid comments with Donald Trump, Melania at White House – Watch video
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet to take up proposal on allowances tomorrow, will govt employees get HRA higher than Mathur panel?
- Guess what PM Modi gifted President Trump and wife Melania!
- Kerala Sabarimala temple's gold-coated flag damaged; three held
- Narendra Modi-Donald Trump meet - As it happened
- After Eid prayers, clashes break out between security forces, stone pelters in Kashmir Valley; 10 protesters injured
- WATCH: Virat Kohli simulates MS Dhoni's 'Helicopter shot' for a six during 2nd ODI against West Indies
- In fresh warning to India, al Qaeda says will target those who kill 'Kashmiri brothers'
- India's tour of West Indies: Skipper Virat Kohli hints at Rishabh Pant's inclusion for third ODI
- WATCH: Virat Kohli wishes 'Eid Mubarak' to all his fans