Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Sunday claimed Odisha remained backward because of BJD's misrule in last 17 years and said the party would emerge as an alternative in the state in 2019 Assembly elections.
"We reject the proposal as it does not stop the construction by the Chhattisgarh government," Odisha CM said.
Congress today said it would support the Odisha government to protect the state's interest in the Mahanadi water dispute with Chhattisgarh but blamed Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik for the situation.
About 52 thousand government primary and upper primary schools functioning under the School and Mass Education Department in Odisha have no teacher for each class and above 41 thousand schools have no room for each class.
The state government has formulated guidelines for OSSTET which would be conducted by the Board of Secondary Education (BSE).
The monsoon session of the Odisha Assembly began on a stormy note on Wednesday with ruling BJD legislators raising slogans against the central government over the Mahanadi river water dispute.
At least six persons were electrocuted and over 20 injured when a bus came in contact with a live wire in Odisha's Dhenkanal district on Tuesday.
With panchayat polls approaching in Odisha, the police are gearing up by launching a special drive to put anti-socials in Berhampur, Boudh, Ganjam, Gajapati and Kandhamal behind bars, as a first step.
The Odisha government is mulling to approach the Supreme Court for setting up of a tribunal under the law on inter-state water disputes to resolve the Mahanadi dispute with Chhattisgarh, an official statement said on Saturday.
The tripartite meeting between the Centre, Odisha and Chattisgarh over the Mahanadi water issue will be held in the national capital on Saturday.
Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik today vowed to fight for the rights of the people at the tripartite meeting scheduled to be held in New Delhi tomorrow on the Mahanadi water issue.
The white paper was released here by Odisha Congress a day before the tripartite meeting called by Union Water Resources Minister in Delhi.
The video shows the accused pleading for mercy on the street.
Acting tough, the authorities of Ravenshaw University today suspended one of their students for two years and three others for two semesters.
Heavy rainfall is likely to occur at one or two places over interior Odisha in the period.
Following the death of 19 persons in a bus accident, the Odisha government on Monday made speed governors mandatory for all passenger buses in the state.
Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Monday said that his government is well prepared for the tripartite meeting to be held on September 17 in Delhi on the Mahanadi river water dispute.
Of the 30 injured, at least 15 are said to be in a serious condition, the Indian Express reported.
At least 16 persons were killed and 25 injured when a bus fell off a bridge in Odisha`s Angul district on Friday.
In Odisha people are getting killed in large numbers by what is perhaps the most unpredictable natural phenomenon -- lightning. In the last seven years lightning has killed 2,297 persons in the state, a figure which is much higher than the deaths caused by other natural calamities.
A day after Finance Minister Arun Jaitley said that the Centre would bear all expenses for the construction of the Polavaram project, the three major political parties of Odisha on Thursday entered into a mudslinging contest over the project.
A man was forced to carry his seven-year-old daughter’s body on Friday as the ambulance transporting them to Odisha’s Malkangiri district hospital allegedly left them midway after learning the girl had died.
Thakur was first taken to Kesinga health centre and later shifted to Bhawanipatana for treatment.
Preliminary inquiry and postmortem reports showed the girl was stabbed to death.
The sons of 70-year-old Parvata Bai had called up the Ambulance services to take their mother to the nearby hospital after her condition worsened.
The Odisha government on Tuesday ordered a vigilance inquiry against four Biju Janata Dal MLAs who allegedly demanded money to facilitate setting up of industries in their assembly constituencies.
A complaint has been filed against the District Collector and Chief District Medical Officer (CDMO) of Odisha's Kalahandi for allegedly harassing the tribal man who walked for 10 km with his wife's body on his shoulders after he was denied a hearse.
The Odisha Human Rights Commission has asked the district collector of Balasore and Inspector General of Railway Police to enquire into the incident.
A probe into the incident by Kalahandi district collector Brundha D concluded that the man Dana Manjhi had left the hospital without informing anyone.
After a tribal man's 10-km walk with his wife's body on his shoulder drew widespread flak, Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Thursday launched "Mahaprayan" scheme to help the bereaved transport the bodies of their kin from hospitals to their residences .
- Modi in US: Talks on terror, H1B visa top priority in Modi-Trump meet
- Trump-Modi first meeting updates live on Zee News
- No country questioned India's surgical strikes, says PM Modi in US
- Modi in US: Donald Trump realises highly competent Indians necessary for US companies
- PM Modi - President Trump meeting at White House: Ten big things
- PM Modi, President Trump hug each other in Rose Garden at White House
- Modi-Trump meet: India, US to work together to ensure peace in Afghanistan
- Experts view on PM Narendra Modi's US visit
- Watch! Here are 20 key points of Modi-Trump meet
- PM Narendra Modi addresses media at White House's Rose Garden - Watch
- Jolt to Pakistan: US declares Hizbul Chief Syed Salahuddin a global terrorist
- Eid being celebrated across the country today
- Modi in US: I will fulfill the dreams you have seen for India, PM tells Indian diaspora
- At least 6 dead, several missing after tourist boat sinks in Colombia
- Donald Trump, wife Melania accord warm red carpet welcome to PM Narendra Modi at the White House
- Rajdhani, Shatabdi trains set for a big makeover from October this year
- When NSA Ajit Doval saved PM Narendra Modi from likely embarrassment in US
- Chinese troops enter India in Sikkim sector, scuffle with Army jawans, destroy Indian bunkers
- Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath greets people on Eid-ul-Fitr
- WATCH: Kuldeep Yadav outfoxes Jason Holder, MS Dhoni does the rest to send West Indies skipper packing
- PM Narendra Modi’s candid comments with Donald Trump, Melania at White House – Watch video
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet to take up proposal on allowances tomorrow, will govt employees get HRA higher than Mathur panel?
- Guess what PM Modi gifted President Trump and wife Melania!
- Kerala Sabarimala temple's gold-coated flag damaged; three held
- Narendra Modi-Donald Trump meet - As it happened
- After Eid prayers, clashes break out between security forces, stone pelters in Kashmir Valley; 10 protesters injured
- WATCH: Virat Kohli simulates MS Dhoni's 'Helicopter shot' for a six during 2nd ODI against West Indies
- In fresh warning to India, al Qaeda says will target those who kill 'Kashmiri brothers'
- India's tour of West Indies: Skipper Virat Kohli hints at Rishabh Pant's inclusion for third ODI
- WATCH: Virat Kohli wishes 'Eid Mubarak' to all his fans