Odisha government on Monday decided to set up around 6,500 Automatic Weather Stations and Automatic Rain Gauges.
Sources said the Vigilance Department has already received 560 complaints against corruption in rural housing schemes.
Earlier also due to lack of ambulance facility in village, a pregnant woman was brought on stretcher, but her child died in womb.
Heavy downpour in the catchments could trigger flood in Baitarani, Subarnarekha, Budhabalanga and Brahmani rivers, a senior official said.
Two youths died on the spot at Kainsari bridge on Badasahi-Betanati road when their bike rammed into a speeding tractor this morning.
The Department of Higher Education (DHE) Odisha has released DHE Odisha +3 Admission Third Selection List 2017 on Tuesday.
The Department of Higher Education (DHE) Odisha will release DHE Odisha +3 Admission Third Selection List 2017 on Tuesday.
Heavy rainfall warning has been issued in Odisha raising a red alert for the next 24 hours. According to the MeT department, the heavy pouring is caused due to a low pressure over the Bay of Bengal.
A railway bridge on Saturday has been washed away in fierce flow of Nagavali River in Odisha's Rayagada.
The Chief Minister said while the situation is being closely monitored by senior officials, the Odisha Disaster Rapid Action Force, Central Reserve Police Force and fire services units have been rushed to expedite rescue operations.
The Department of Higher Education (DHE) on Wednesday released the second first selection list for Degree (+3) admissions.
The Department of Higher Education (DHE) is expected to release the second first selection list for Degree (+3) admissions.
A man in Odisha's Ragudiapada village knew little that he would face a tough time over his wife's refusal to cast a vote in a strongman's favour.
The indigenously developed QRSAM short range missile was successfully test-fired on Monday.
"Odisha got an average rainfall of 207.9 mm during June against the normal rainfall (Long Term Average) of 216.5 mm, registering a deficit of four per cent," said the Special Relief Commissioner`s (SRC) office.
The GST was launched in Parliament at the stroke of midnight, much like the solemn function which marked the country's independence.
The admission process of the applicants selected in the first round will culminate on July 03, 2017.
Reserve Inspector Ashok Kumar Sethi made the personnel kneel down for two minutes after finding them improperly dressed.
All the injured were admitted to the local hospital for treatment.
A heavy downpour in Puri did not prevent devotees from joining up for annual Lord Jagannath Rath Yatra on Sunday.
This new OSAF will meet the challenge at the time of need," Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik said.
The International Yoga Day was enthusiastically observed across Odisha on Wednesday, with thousands taking part in several events.
Yet another case of administrative apathy, this time in Odisha, came to fore when a man was compelled to carry the dead body of his infant in his hand.
UNESCO has also proposed to set up a world class conservation centre with climate change observatory and state-of-art data and monitoring facilities.
Senior BJP leader Bijoy Mohapatra on Saturday urged the Central Water Commission (CWC) to facilitate an agreement between Odisha and Chhattisgarh for proper sharing of the Mahanadi river water.
BJP Odisha unit president Basanta Panda said that Amit Shah's presence in Delhi was important during the nomination process for the presidential election.
Union Minister Babul Supriyo on Thursday ridiculed the ruling BJD and the opposition Congress in Odisha and said he would make omelet if eggs were hurled at him.
Bikash Das, who belongs to a family that comes below the poverty line, has secured 582 rank in the SC category, and is now eligible for a seat in the IIT.
A father carried the dead body of her minor daughter on the district medical stretcher to his village, in perhaps yet another shameful incident.
The Department of Higher Education (DHE) Odisha has released the first phase cut off list for admissions into +2 courses in colleges.
- Minor gives birth in school, accuses auto driver of rape
- Monsoon in India: Scores killed in floods, landslides
- Easy to stir mountain but not our army: China's threat to India on Doklam standoff
- India 3rd largest target to witness most terror activities, says report issued by US foreign ministry
- Is UP CM Yogi Adityanath going against PM Modi's move to end red beacon culture?
- JNU V-C wants tank on campus to remind students of Army’s sacrifices
- Operation All-Out: 111 terrorists killed so far in Kashmir by Indian Army
- Security forces kill one terrorist in J&K's Machel Sector
- Watch: Vegetable sellers deploy gunmen for security of tomatoes in Indore
- Nithari killings: Koli, Pandher get death sentence for murder of Pinki Sarkar
- Delhi: Overspeeding car kills 25-year-old at ITO
- DNA: Analysis of 'terror funding' by Hurriyat leaders
- Pune: NDA Cadet found hanging in his room
- Hooligans and police clash in Jewar, Greater Noida; 4 arrested, 2 absconding
- Watch: President Pranab Mukherjee's farewell address to nation
- Former ISRO Chief UR Rao, man behind India's 1st satellite Aryabhatta, dies
- After Sonu Nigam, singer Suchitra Krishnamoorthi tweets about Azaan and loudspeakers
- ICC Women's World Cup Final: England vs India - As it happened...
- Saliva analysis turns up evidence of 'ghost' ancient human species!
- DSP Ayub Pandith lynching: Main accused killed in encounter, 20 other arrested, informs IG Kashmir
- Indian workers emigrating to 6 Gulf nations declines by 34.6%, remittances fall
- Ram Mandir should be constructed within legal framework: BJP chief Amit Shah
- Two Jordanians die in shooting at Israeli embassy in Amman: Security source
- India vs England, ICC Women’s World Cup 2017, Final: Live Streaming, TV Listing, Date, Time, Venue
- Mumbai: Woman biker crushed to death while avoiding a pothole, probe ordered
- Dhinchak Pooja's new song 'Baapu Dede Thoda Cash' is so bad that it's actually good! - Watch
- Thor: Ragnarok TRAILER will blow your mind away! WATCH
- Canadian PM Trudeau goes 'desi, offers prayers in Indian attire to mark 10th anniversary of BAPS temple
- Sanjay Manjrekar criticises Mithali Raj and co for Women's World Cup final defeat, faces heat on Twitter
- Terror funding in Kashmir: Son-in-law of Syed Ali Shah Geelani, 6 other separatist leaders arrested by NIA