Odisha government on Monday decided to set up around 6,500 Automatic Weather Stations and Automatic Rain Gauges.
Sources said the Vigilance Department has already received 560 complaints against corruption in rural housing schemes.
Earlier also due to lack of ambulance facility in village, a pregnant woman was brought on stretcher, but her child died in womb.
Heavy downpour in the catchments could trigger flood in Baitarani, Subarnarekha, Budhabalanga and Brahmani rivers, a senior official said.
Two youths died on the spot at Kainsari bridge on Badasahi-Betanati road when their bike rammed into a speeding tractor this morning.
The Department of Higher Education (DHE) Odisha has released DHE Odisha +3 Admission Third Selection List 2017 on Tuesday.
The Department of Higher Education (DHE) Odisha will release DHE Odisha +3 Admission Third Selection List 2017 on Tuesday.
Heavy rainfall warning has been issued in Odisha raising a red alert for the next 24 hours. According to the MeT department, the heavy pouring is caused due to a low pressure over the Bay of Bengal.
A railway bridge on Saturday has been washed away in fierce flow of Nagavali River in Odisha's Rayagada.
The Chief Minister said while the situation is being closely monitored by senior officials, the Odisha Disaster Rapid Action Force, Central Reserve Police Force and fire services units have been rushed to expedite rescue operations.
The Department of Higher Education (DHE) on Wednesday released the second first selection list for Degree (+3) admissions.
The Department of Higher Education (DHE) is expected to release the second first selection list for Degree (+3) admissions.
A man in Odisha's Ragudiapada village knew little that he would face a tough time over his wife's refusal to cast a vote in a strongman's favour.
The indigenously developed QRSAM short range missile was successfully test-fired on Monday.
"Odisha got an average rainfall of 207.9 mm during June against the normal rainfall (Long Term Average) of 216.5 mm, registering a deficit of four per cent," said the Special Relief Commissioner`s (SRC) office.
The GST was launched in Parliament at the stroke of midnight, much like the solemn function which marked the country's independence.
The admission process of the applicants selected in the first round will culminate on July 03, 2017.
Reserve Inspector Ashok Kumar Sethi made the personnel kneel down for two minutes after finding them improperly dressed.
All the injured were admitted to the local hospital for treatment.
A heavy downpour in Puri did not prevent devotees from joining up for annual Lord Jagannath Rath Yatra on Sunday.
This new OSAF will meet the challenge at the time of need," Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik said.
The International Yoga Day was enthusiastically observed across Odisha on Wednesday, with thousands taking part in several events.
Yet another case of administrative apathy, this time in Odisha, came to fore when a man was compelled to carry the dead body of his infant in his hand.
UNESCO has also proposed to set up a world class conservation centre with climate change observatory and state-of-art data and monitoring facilities.
Senior BJP leader Bijoy Mohapatra on Saturday urged the Central Water Commission (CWC) to facilitate an agreement between Odisha and Chhattisgarh for proper sharing of the Mahanadi river water.
BJP Odisha unit president Basanta Panda said that Amit Shah's presence in Delhi was important during the nomination process for the presidential election.
Union Minister Babul Supriyo on Thursday ridiculed the ruling BJD and the opposition Congress in Odisha and said he would make omelet if eggs were hurled at him.
Bikash Das, who belongs to a family that comes below the poverty line, has secured 582 rank in the SC category, and is now eligible for a seat in the IIT.
A father carried the dead body of her minor daughter on the district medical stretcher to his village, in perhaps yet another shameful incident.
The Department of Higher Education (DHE) Odisha has released the first phase cut off list for admissions into +2 courses in colleges.
- Minor gives birth in school, accuses auto driver of rape
- Monsoon in India: Scores killed in floods, landslides
- Easy to stir mountain but not our army: China's threat to India on Doklam standoff
- JNU V-C wants tank on campus to remind students of Army’s sacrifices
- Watch: President Pranab Mukherjee's farewell address to nation
- Operation All-Out: 111 terrorists killed so far in Kashmir by Indian Army
- Watch: Ram Nath Kovind sworn in as India's 14th President
- Security forces kill one terrorist in J&K's Machel Sector
- Delhi: Overspeeding car kills 25-year-old at ITO
- Nithari killings: Koli, Pandher get death sentence for murder of Pinki Sarkar
- DNA: Analysis of 'terror funding' by Hurriyat leaders
- This is going to be new house of outgoing President Pranab Mukherjee
- Pune: NDA Cadet found hanging in his room
- Watch - Ram Nath Kovind's swearing-in ceremony as President
- DNA: All you need to know about the President's Bodyguard
- Former ISRO Chief UR Rao, man behind India's 1st satellite Aryabhatta, dies
- After Sonu Nigam, singer Suchitra Krishnamoorthi tweets about Azaan and loudspeakers
- ICC Women's World Cup Final: England vs India - As it happened...
- Saliva analysis turns up evidence of 'ghost' ancient human species!
- DSP Ayub Pandith lynching: Main accused killed in encounter, 20 other arrested, informs IG Kashmir
- Ram Nath Kovind all set to swear-in as 14th President of India: Here's the list of guests and ceremony details
- Indian workers emigrating to 6 Gulf nations declines by 34.6%, remittances fall
- Two Jordanians die in shooting at Israeli embassy in Amman: Security source
- Mumbai: Woman biker crushed to death while avoiding a pothole, probe ordered
- Dhinchak Pooja's new song 'Baapu Dede Thoda Cash' is so bad that it's actually good! - Watch
- Sanjay Manjrekar criticises Mithali Raj and co for Women's World Cup final defeat, faces heat on Twitter
- After demitting Rashtrapati Bhavan, Pranab Mukherjee to occupy heritage bungalow in Lutyens’ Delhi
- National song Vande Mataram now mandatory in all schools, universities, offices across Tamil Nadu
- Terror funding in Kashmir: Son-in-law of Syed Ali Shah Geelani, 6 other separatist leaders arrested by NIA
- Birth certificate no longer mandatory for passport; PAN card, Aadhaar, driving license will suffice