The State Election Commission (SEC) on Saturday held up the panchayat elections in Odisha's Chitrakonda block bordering Andhra Pradesh due to Maoist threats.
Panchayat elections in Odisha will begin from February 13 and conclude on February 21.
The CBI today carried out searches at 36 locations in Odisha in connection with the Seashore Group ponzi scam.
Four persons, including two women, were killed today when the car in which they were travelling rammed into a parked truck at Jaraka bazar on NH-5 in Odisha's Jajpur district.
The elections will be conducted in five phases in 852 Zilla Parishad zones of 314 blocks, SEC Secretary Rabindra Sahu said.
The ordeal of Gati Dhibar is similar to Dana Majhi, a man who carried his dead wife on the shoulder for 13 kilometres.
Punjab Congress chief Amarinder Singh may see himself locked in an electoral battle with another former soldier, J J Singh, for the Patiala assembly seat during the polls in the state.
Unseasonal rain and hailstorm lashed different parts of western Odisha including industrial town of Jharsuguda town last evening.
An anti-social, allegedly involved in at least eight heinous crimes in Odisha's Ganjam district, was arrested by police following an encounter in Chanchadapalli-Barapalli jungle, police said today.
The Coast Guard rescued six crew members of a fishing boat that had developed technical snag at sea about 80 nautical miles south of Paradip in Odisha, officials said today.
The State Election Commission (SEC) on Tuesday announced dates for panchayat polls in Odisha.
Odisha Congress vice-president Pradeep Majhi and other party leaders today ended their six-day hunger strike after submitting a memorandum to Governor S C Jamir and announced to intensify its stir against the government's "anti-tribal" atittude.
Opposition Congress and BJP today separately called for a bandh in the Japanese Encephalitis-hit Malkangiri district of Odisha ahead of Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik's one-day visit scheduled tomorrow, even as ruling BJD criticised their move calling it one "challenging democracy".
Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Thursday sought Prime Minister Narendra Modi's intervention for inclusion of Odia language as a medium of examination in the prestigious National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET) for medical courses.
Normal life came to a standstill in the Odisha capital as the BJP workers picketed and blocked roads causing inconvenience to the commuters.
The regional meteorology centre in Bhubaneswar said, the only other place to have dipped below five degrees was Phulbani which stood at 4.6 degree Celsius.
At least 15 women were injured on Monday when the floor of the meeting hall of panchayat office caved in at Pitala in Ganjam district, police said.
Rain or thundershower accompanied by gusty surface wind is likely to lash some areas of Odisha in next 24 hours due to very severe cyclonic storm 'VARDAH' over Bay of Bengal even as fishermen were asked not to venture into sea.
"The Chief Minister has created a situation akin to political Emergency. Odisha is the only state where opposition workers are arrested before the his visit to any place," BJP said.
At least Rs 1.4 crore were seized and eight persons were arrested in Odisha's Sambalpur on Sunday.
With ink on his face and body, popular Odia comedian Tattwa Prakash Satpathy alias Papu Pompom was seen begging for forgiveness by holding his ears inside his car.
Justice Debabrata Dash allowed the advance bail pleas of Saswati and Arati, who are the members of the Trust that runs the hospital.
The “warning notice” was issued by ladies hostel warden S Bhuvaneswari on Tuesday. It was, however, taken down on Wednesday following widespread condemnation.
Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Wednesday said 11.61 lakh farmers across the state will get Rs 1,776 crore in crop insurance for Kharif season of 2015.
A youth was arrested in Odisha on charges of circulating counterfeits of newly-released Rs 2,000 notes, said police on Tuesday.
Odisha also urged the union ministry to direct the Chhattisgarh government to stop construction of barrages over the Mahanadi river with immediate effect.
At least 30 people have recently fled Dabuguda village of Odisha`s Malkangiri district after Naxals, whose strength is dwindling after the September 24 encounter, issued a diktat that one member from each family will have to join their organisation.
Small traders and auto-rickshaw drivers are not accepting the Rs 10 coins. Many local shops and vendors have also stopped taking the coins.
A youth was arrested by Odisha police when he was trying to deposit fake currency notes at a bank at Khurda town, near here, amid the rush of customers depositing money following the demonetisation of high-value currency notes.
Patnaik became the first signatory to the memorandum, which will be submitted to President Pranab Mukherjee. It is proposed to contain at least one signature from all the 87 lakh families of the state, BJD sources said.
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- DNA: Today in history, 20th January, 2017
- UP polls: Uncle Shivpal figures in Akhilesh Yadav's first list of 191 candidates
- Jallikattu: SC not to pronounce verdict for a week
- DNA: Will USA remain same under Donald Trump's leadership as President?
- Watch: Donald Trump's journey from a businessman to US President
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say
- Donald Trump faces massive protests ahead of his oath taking ceremony
- Jallikattu protest a lesson for Hindutva forces, Uniform Civil Code cannot be "imposed": Asaduddin Owaisi
- Zaira Wasim controversy: 'Dangal' star's posters burnt in Kashmir valley
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Donald Trump signs executive order against Obamacare on Day One
- Zaira Wasim involved in Twitter 'Dangal' with Sports minister Vijay Goel