Senior NSG officials are slated to undertake a visit to the seaside pilgrim town of Puri shortly to inspect and review the security arrangements in the 12th century shrine, a senior official said.
Odisha is likely to further receive heavy rainfall.
The 8-day Monsoon Session of the Odisha Assembly will begin on September 7, during which the opposition is set to corner the government which plans to table several bills.
Undeterred by the Maoists` threat, Odisha celebrated the 70th Independence Day amid gaiety and camaraderie with much patriotic fervour on Tuesday.
The Department of Higher Education (DHE), Odisha is expected to announce the second phase of the selection merit list on August 11 (Friday).
The India Meteorological Department (IMD) on Thursday forecast heavy rainfall in interior Odisha in the next 24 hours with the southwest monsoon active across the state.
The Odisha cabinet on Tuesday approved granting land rights to slum dwellers living in municipalities and Notified Area Councils (NACs) and property rights to those living in municipal corporations.
The Odisha government has decided to open 30 new courts for speedy disposal of pending cases, Law Minister Pratap Jena said on Saturday.
The Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) on Saturday forecast heavy rainfall across Odisha in the next 24 hours.
A widow was allegedly forcibly taken away from her house in Odisha's Mayurbhanj district and gang-raped, police said on Wednesday.
A nearly 145 sq km stretch of the national park, with its vast expanse of mangrove cover and wetland spots, is an ideal eco-tourism destination for camping and trekking.
The flood situation in Odisha's Jajpur and Kendrapara districts continued to be grim on Monday, said officials.
The baby was immediately taken to the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of Special New-born Care Unit (SNCU) in Keonjhar medical hospital.
Seven person had lost their lives in the floods with three deaths reported in Jajpur district and two each in Kalahandi and Malkangiri districts.
A teacher's "teachable moment" was exposed in Odisha after a video that captured her commanding her students to wash her two-wheeler was made public.
A state BJP delegation met ED Joint Director Madhab C. Mishra here and sought the probe into what they claimed were hawala transactions by the BJD and its President Naveen Patnaik.
BJD on Thursday ruled out any possibility of forging an alliance with BJP.
At least eight gram panchayats in Baliapal block, 21 panchayats in Bhograi block, 18 panchayats in Jaleswar block and 10 villages in Basta block have been affected due to the flood. One team of ODRAF has been sent to Baliapal.
Odisha government on Monday decided to set up around 6,500 Automatic Weather Stations and Automatic Rain Gauges.
Sources said the Vigilance Department has already received 560 complaints against corruption in rural housing schemes.
Earlier also due to lack of ambulance facility in village, a pregnant woman was brought on stretcher, but her child died in womb.
Heavy downpour in the catchments could trigger flood in Baitarani, Subarnarekha, Budhabalanga and Brahmani rivers, a senior official said.
Two youths died on the spot at Kainsari bridge on Badasahi-Betanati road when their bike rammed into a speeding tractor this morning.
The Department of Higher Education (DHE) Odisha has released DHE Odisha +3 Admission Third Selection List 2017 on Tuesday.
The Department of Higher Education (DHE) Odisha will release DHE Odisha +3 Admission Third Selection List 2017 on Tuesday.
Heavy rainfall warning has been issued in Odisha raising a red alert for the next 24 hours. According to the MeT department, the heavy pouring is caused due to a low pressure over the Bay of Bengal.
A railway bridge on Saturday has been washed away in fierce flow of Nagavali River in Odisha's Rayagada.
The Chief Minister said while the situation is being closely monitored by senior officials, the Odisha Disaster Rapid Action Force, Central Reserve Police Force and fire services units have been rushed to expedite rescue operations.
- Watch: Truck driver pulls break on time to avoid accident; saves 3 lives
- Pak High Commission behind terror funding in J&K: Zahoor Watali
- JD(U) passes resolution to join NDA - Watch report
- Gorakhpur: Yogi Adityanath accuses previous govts for deaths of children
- Teachers force students to convert religion; FIR lodged
- Kalinga Utkal express derails at UP's Muzaffarnagar
- Watch: Clashes of Indian-Chinese soldiers' at Ladakh
- Track repair was being carried out without station master's permission - Watch report
- Watch: First official briefing after Muzaffarnagar train accident
- Can Indian trains provide safer journeys to passengers in future?
- Aadhaar Card: Here's how to verify your email address, mobile number
- MP: Man assaults woman at gym, brutally kicks her -Watch video
- WATCH: Virat Kohli loses cool after watching child assault video
- 23 dead, many injured as 14 coaches of Utkal Express derail in UP's Khatauli
- WATCH: Lightning quick MS Dhoni produces yet another impressive stumping, sends Lasith Malinga packing
- Toilet: Ek Prem Katha collections—Akshay Kumar proves his mettle; film crosses Rs 100 cr
- Doctor's attempt to inject hospital superintendent with HIV+ blood over personal grudge foiled
- PM Narendra Modi's austerity drive for ministers, asks them to avoid 5-star hotels, PSUs vehicles
- Ruckus after AIMIM corporators refuse to stand up for Vande Mataram in Maharashtra civic body
- Nitish Kumar-led JD(U) passes resolution to join NDA
- IND vs SL, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- Nitish-led JD(U) passes resolution to join NDA; Sharad Yadav to approach EC to stake claim over party symbol
- Air-conditioned jackets for the Indian Special Forces soon, says Manohar Parrirkar
- Painful menstrual cramps? Experts swear by these Yoga asanas to help you relieve your suffering!
- Rajasthan: No toilet at home, court grants divorce to woman