BJP will hold its two-day national executive meeting in the Odisha capital from April 15.
With mercury level hovering near 40 degree Celsius in most parts of the western Odisha, the IMD today issued heatwave warning for next 48 hours.
The feasibility study of the ambitious highway project along Odisha coastline is likely to be completed next month.
The city police on Tuesday busted a fake currency racket with the arrest of a man from the railway station here.
The opposition BJP and Congress disrupted proceedings in the Odisha assembly for the fifth consecutive day today demanding constitution of a House committee to probe into farmers suicide in the state.
Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik today hinted at a possible reshuffle in the council of ministers after the budget session of the assembly Ends on April 7.
The Congress leadership on Tuesday refused to accept the resignation of party General Secretary BK Hariprasad.
On the eve of Holi, sand artist Manas Sahoo has created a sand sculpture of Lord Radhakrishna playing Holi, depicting the essence of the festival on the golden sea beach.
Ahead of election for zila parishad (ZP) heads, the state government has amended the Odisha Zilla Parishad Election Rules-1994, an official said on Friday.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday paid tributes to Biju Patnaik on his birth anniversary and acknowledged his diligence with which he served the society.
Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Thursday dismissed reports about his alleged ill-health doing the rounds on the social media and said he is fit.
The Odisha government has facilitated self-employment opportunities for 11.21 lakh youth through 2.49 lakh MSME units in the state, a minister said on Thursday.
Odisha Assembly Speaker Niranjan Pujari today directed the state government to make a statement on the alleged suicide of a farmer in Bargarh and distress sale of vegetables in different districts, by March 4.
Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Monday said the performance of the ruling BJD will be reviewed diligently and correctives applied in both the party and government.
Even though the ruling Biju Janata Dal (BJD) retained the top position in the recently concluded panchayat polls in Odisha, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) has taken a giant stride forward, while the faction-ridden Congress party got decimated.
Union Minister Dharmendra Pradhan today asked the BJD and Congress to apologise to the people of Odisha for failing to usher in development rather than criticising the Prime Minister's remark on the state.
Odisha has registered a gross state domestic product (GSDP) growth rate of 7.94 per cent in 2016-17 against the national average of 7.1 per cent, besides registering a big reduction in the rate of poverty.
The ruling BJD in Odisha and opposition BJP accused each other of having an unholy nexus with the Congress in the state Panchayat elections.
The Odisha Assembly today witnessed uproar when opposition Congress and BJP demanded a discussion on the violence during the three-tire panchayat elections which ended on February 21.
At least five tribals were severly beaten up by Maoists suspecting them as police informers and also for casting votes in the three-tire panchayat elections in Malkangiri district, police said today.
Ruling BJD president Naveen Patnaik today asked party MLAs not to be disheartened by the trends emerging from the Odisha Panchayat elections and take it as a wake-up call.
An average of 77 per cent of the electorate today cast their votes amidst tight security in the last and final phase of the three-tier Panchayat election in Odisha.
Polling is currently underway for the fifth and final phase of three-tier Panchayat polls in 26 districts of Odisha.
As the fourth phase of Panchayat elections ended today in Odisha and trends indicated that the ruling BJD has suffered losses, party leaders have blamed the setback on Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik.
"The fourth phase of panchayat polls ended peacefully in the state, excluding some minor disturbances," Senapati said.
Drones have been deployed in Maoist-hit Malkangiri district of Odisha for aerial surveillance during the fourth phase of panchayat elections today to ensure smooth voting.
State Election Commission had announced repolling in 62 wards under 24 gram panchayat under 14 blocks spread over 11 district, an SEC statement said.
The third round of Panchayat elections in Odisha ended peacefully today with a 75 per cent turnout across 65 blocks in the state.
The third phase of polls recorded 75 per cent voter turnout in which Sonepur district recorded highest with 86 per cent.
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- Dr Subhash Chandra donates his salary to PM Relief Fund
- Netaji Subhash Park in Yogi Adityanath's hometown Gorakhpur under illegal occupation
- Lalu Prasad Yadav injured as stage collapses in Patna
- DNA: Why are Tamil Nadu farmers protesting with 'skulls' in Delhi?
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- DNA: Today in history, 24 March 2017
- DNA: Bollywood actor Akshay Kumar urges everyone to build toilets
- DNA: Has India crossed all limits of tolerance against naxalism?
- Mulayam’s son Prateek, daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath
- CBI charges Jindal Steel adviser, 4 others in coal scam
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?
- PM Modi picks IAS officer B Chandralekha to head Swachh Bharat Mission – Know about her
- Here's everything you need to know about Shaun Tait's wife, Mashoom Singha — PHOTOS INSIDE
- How will Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad go back to Pune? After Air India, IndiGo cancels his ticket
- Incredible! This video of a boy being saved from a menacing tiger has over 10 lakh views – WATCH
- Shaun Tait becomes an 'Overseas Citizen of India' – Does that make him eligible to play for India in future?
- Priyanka Chopra's picture with THIS Spanish model is UNMISSABLE!
- Emotional Kuldeep Yadav cries even as legends Sunil Gavaskar, Ravi Shastri try to decode India's latest sensation — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Air India blacklists Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer; FIA denies banning him