The three-time Congress MLA was being treated for cancer.
Senior NSG officials are slated to undertake a visit to the seaside pilgrim town of Puri shortly to inspect and review the security arrangements in the 12th century shrine, a senior official said.
Odisha is likely to further receive heavy rainfall.
The 8-day Monsoon Session of the Odisha Assembly will begin on September 7, during which the opposition is set to corner the government which plans to table several bills.
Undeterred by the Maoists` threat, Odisha celebrated the 70th Independence Day amid gaiety and camaraderie with much patriotic fervour on Tuesday.
The Department of Higher Education (DHE), Odisha is expected to announce the second phase of the selection merit list on August 11 (Friday).
The India Meteorological Department (IMD) on Thursday forecast heavy rainfall in interior Odisha in the next 24 hours with the southwest monsoon active across the state.
The Odisha cabinet on Tuesday approved granting land rights to slum dwellers living in municipalities and Notified Area Councils (NACs) and property rights to those living in municipal corporations.
The Odisha government has decided to open 30 new courts for speedy disposal of pending cases, Law Minister Pratap Jena said on Saturday.
The Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) on Saturday forecast heavy rainfall across Odisha in the next 24 hours.
A widow was allegedly forcibly taken away from her house in Odisha's Mayurbhanj district and gang-raped, police said on Wednesday.
A nearly 145 sq km stretch of the national park, with its vast expanse of mangrove cover and wetland spots, is an ideal eco-tourism destination for camping and trekking.
The flood situation in Odisha's Jajpur and Kendrapara districts continued to be grim on Monday, said officials.
The baby was immediately taken to the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of Special New-born Care Unit (SNCU) in Keonjhar medical hospital.
Seven person had lost their lives in the floods with three deaths reported in Jajpur district and two each in Kalahandi and Malkangiri districts.
A teacher's "teachable moment" was exposed in Odisha after a video that captured her commanding her students to wash her two-wheeler was made public.
A state BJP delegation met ED Joint Director Madhab C. Mishra here and sought the probe into what they claimed were hawala transactions by the BJD and its President Naveen Patnaik.
BJD on Thursday ruled out any possibility of forging an alliance with BJP.
At least eight gram panchayats in Baliapal block, 21 panchayats in Bhograi block, 18 panchayats in Jaleswar block and 10 villages in Basta block have been affected due to the flood. One team of ODRAF has been sent to Baliapal.
Odisha government on Monday decided to set up around 6,500 Automatic Weather Stations and Automatic Rain Gauges.
Sources said the Vigilance Department has already received 560 complaints against corruption in rural housing schemes.
Earlier also due to lack of ambulance facility in village, a pregnant woman was brought on stretcher, but her child died in womb.
Heavy downpour in the catchments could trigger flood in Baitarani, Subarnarekha, Budhabalanga and Brahmani rivers, a senior official said.
Two youths died on the spot at Kainsari bridge on Badasahi-Betanati road when their bike rammed into a speeding tractor this morning.
The Department of Higher Education (DHE) Odisha has released DHE Odisha +3 Admission Third Selection List 2017 on Tuesday.
The Department of Higher Education (DHE) Odisha will release DHE Odisha +3 Admission Third Selection List 2017 on Tuesday.
Heavy rainfall warning has been issued in Odisha raising a red alert for the next 24 hours. According to the MeT department, the heavy pouring is caused due to a low pressure over the Bay of Bengal.
A railway bridge on Saturday has been washed away in fierce flow of Nagavali River in Odisha's Rayagada.
The Chief Minister said while the situation is being closely monitored by senior officials, the Odisha Disaster Rapid Action Force, Central Reserve Police Force and fire services units have been rushed to expedite rescue operations.
- Chandigarh roads flood with monsoon water, 112 mm rains in 3 hours
- Can Indian trains provide safer journeys to passengers in future?
- PM Modi meets 13 Chief Ministers of BJP governed states
- SC grants bail to Lt Col Purohit in Malegaon blast case
- President Ram Nath Kovind presents National Flag to Ladakh's Scout Battalion
- Public, private sector should work together in healthcare sector, says FM Arun Jaitley
- Congress hails Supreme Court's judgement against triple talaq
- End of triple talaq will grant equality to Muslim women, says PM Modi
- Mira Bhayandar Municipal Corporation (MBMC) poll results 2017: As it happened
- Solar Eclipse 2017: Will Surya Grahan be visible in India?
- Supreme Court bars triple talaq, calls it 'unconstitutional'
- Delhi police arrests Siddharth Mehrotra, the thief who targeted netas, businessman to fund his luxurious life
- WATCH: Lightning quick MS Dhoni produces yet another impressive stumping, sends Lasith Malinga packing
- Survival is a distant dream for Assam man who has to go through life with 59-inch stomach
- SC sets aside triple talaq, terms it void and unconstitutional: As it happened
- Doklam standoff: If Chinese troops enter India, there will be "utter chaos", says Beijing
- This man’s funny pose and hilarious Twitter reactions will leave you in splits
- Beijing is back with a new anti-India video, wants to 'strengthen trust and manage disputes'
- AIADMK merger: As it happened
- Annabelle Creation: Woman screams in horror after watching spooky film – See VIDEO
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- The Kapil Sharma Show: Here's what happened when Archana Puran Singh replaced Navjot Singh Sidhu
- August 21 total solar eclipse: Watch as ISS photo-bombed the sun and many more magical moments!