Imran Khan says won`t be able to cast vote following accident
Lahore: Pakistan Tehrik-i-Insaaf (PTI) chief Imran Khan who was injured in a stage fall on Tuesday has said that although he was feeling better, he would not be able to cast his vote in his hometown of Mianwali.
Khan sustained head and back injuries after falling from a lifter during a public meeting in Lahore, and received stitches on his head, reports The Dawn.
PTI spokesman Shafqat Mehmood said Khan would not be able to continue his political campaign for the elections on the advice of the doctors.
The campaign was scheduled to end on Thursday night prior to Saturday`s elections.
Lying on his bed at the Shaukat Khanum Hospital, which he had built and named after his mother, Khan urged his supporters to ensure voting in big numbers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement