Imran Khan says won`t be able to cast vote following accident
Lahore: Pakistan Tehrik-i-Insaaf (PTI) chief Imran Khan who was injured in a stage fall on Tuesday has said that although he was feeling better, he would not be able to cast his vote in his hometown of Mianwali.
Khan sustained head and back injuries after falling from a lifter during a public meeting in Lahore, and received stitches on his head, reports The Dawn.
PTI spokesman Shafqat Mehmood said Khan would not be able to continue his political campaign for the elections on the advice of the doctors.
The campaign was scheduled to end on Thursday night prior to Saturday`s elections.
Lying on his bed at the Shaukat Khanum Hospital, which he had built and named after his mother, Khan urged his supporters to ensure voting in big numbers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on Ishrat Jahan encounter case
- DNA: After JNU, anti-India slogans at Delhi’s Press Club of India
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Headley's revelations: Will politicos who termed Ishrat Jahan 'beti' now apologise?- Part II
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal