Imran Khan says won`t be able to cast vote following accident
Lahore: Pakistan Tehrik-i-Insaaf (PTI) chief Imran Khan who was injured in a stage fall on Tuesday has said that although he was feeling better, he would not be able to cast his vote in his hometown of Mianwali.
Khan sustained head and back injuries after falling from a lifter during a public meeting in Lahore, and received stitches on his head, reports The Dawn.
PTI spokesman Shafqat Mehmood said Khan would not be able to continue his political campaign for the elections on the advice of the doctors.
The campaign was scheduled to end on Thursday night prior to Saturday`s elections.
Lying on his bed at the Shaukat Khanum Hospital, which he had built and named after his mother, Khan urged his supporters to ensure voting in big numbers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read