Musharraf`s party wins 2 seats despite election boycott
Islamabad: Former Pakistan military ruler Pervez Musharraf`s party today managed to win a seat each in the National and provincial constituency despite announcing a boycott of the 2013 general elections.
Musharraf`s All Pakistan Muslim League (APML) won one seat each for National Assembly and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa`s provincial assembly from Chitral`s NA-32 and PK-90 constituency.
The APML had announced a boycott of the general elections 2013 after the rejection of Musharraf`s nomination papers from all provinces and the imposition of a lifetime ban.
However, some of the party candidates had decided to stay in the field despite the boycott.
Iftikhar ud Din won the NA-32 seat with 19,938 votes, defeating his nearest rival from the Tehrik-i-Insaf Pakistan led by Imran Khan.
Ghulam Mohammad, APML candidate from PK-90, won his seat securing 10,646 against Pakistan Peoples Party candidate who had received 10,524 votes.
In PK-89 constituency, the Pakistan People`s Party`s Saleem Khan with 11,285 votes defeated APML`s Shehzada Khalid.
Musharraf, 69, currently is under house arrest on judicial remand at his Chak Shehzad residence, which was declared as a sub-jail, after a bench of the Islamabad High Court rejected the extension of his bail in the 2007 judges detention case.
Musharraf returned to Pakistan on March 23 after more than four years in self-exile to participate in the upcoming elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Yogi Adityanath's speech on his first visit to Gorakhpur after becoming UP CM
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?