Pakistan election results 2013: Imran Khan`s party concedes defeat
Islamabad: Cricketer-turned-politician Imran Khan`s party has conceded defeat to rival Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) in the landmark general elections in which it is set to emerge as second largest party.
"They have emerged as the largest party. I want to congratulate the party," Pakistan Tehrik-i-Insaf vice president Asad Umar told a Pakistani TV channel.
Trends from some 250 of the 272 parliamentary seats that went to the polls showed that the PML-N was set to bag in excess of 110 seats, while the Pakistan People`s Party and Imran Khan`s Pakistan Tehrik-e-Insaf were lagging far behind with about 35 seats each.
To win a simple majority, a party or coalition would have to bag 137 of the 272 National Assembly seats for which polls were held.
Another 70 seats, reserved for women and non-Muslims, will be allocated to parties according to their performance in polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan chased by a tiger!
- Caught on camera: Woman stealing cell phone in store
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Panel discussion on Kejriwal's poisonous radio ad on Dadri incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!