Pakistan Election Results: Imran`s ex-wife hails party`s good show
London/Islamabad: Cricketer-turned politician Imran Khan`s ex-wife Jemima Khan has hailed the success of his political party Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf, which was set to form government in the restive Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province.
An elated Jemima said that it was a great success for a political party, which once held just one seat in parliament, Geo News reported.
Imran`s party said early on Sunday it would form the next government in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province. "For Tehreek-e-Insaf it is a big day, a golden day," PTI leader Assad Omar said.
"A party which has no existence in parliament has emerged the second largest national party and the leading party in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa where God willing it is going to form a government," he said.
"Perennially perplexing that so many still vote for leaders who`ve been tried, tested & failed multiple times (& dismissed for corruption)" 39-year-old Jemima said in a twitter message.
London-based Jemima, in another twitter message, lauded Pakistanis for turning out to vote in the face of all the terror threats.
She also tweeted that their sons were wearing Imran Khan`s kurtas on Saturday.
Jemima earlier had also said that she was praying for peace and safety of Pakistanis during the polls.
She had married Imran in 1995. The couple got divorced in 2004. They have two sons Sulaiman Khan and Qasim Khan from the nine-year marriage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016