Pakistan polls won`t change system, not even faces: Qadri
Islamabad: Cleric Tahirul Qadri, who shook the Pakistan government in January with his fiery speeches during the three-day siege in the capital, says the May 11 general elections in the country would bring about no change, not even of the faces in the system.
Addressing a large gathering of overseas Pakistanis in Birmingham city, Britain, the Pakistan-born Canadian said he doesn`t have any hope of anything useful emerging out the polls.
Those raising the slogan of change would be protesting on the election day`s night after they see being cheated through polls, he said, Geo News reported Sunday.
Qadri, the Tehrik-e-Minhajul Quran chief, said it would be the worst elections held thus far in Pakistan.
He said the elections were being so engineered that not even change of faces would be seen, leave aside change in the system.
In January, one of the Qadri`s main demands was dissolution of parliament.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof