Pakistan polls won`t change system, not even faces: Qadri
Islamabad: Cleric Tahirul Qadri, who shook the Pakistan government in January with his fiery speeches during the three-day siege in the capital, says the May 11 general elections in the country would bring about no change, not even of the faces in the system.
Addressing a large gathering of overseas Pakistanis in Birmingham city, Britain, the Pakistan-born Canadian said he doesn`t have any hope of anything useful emerging out the polls.
Those raising the slogan of change would be protesting on the election day`s night after they see being cheated through polls, he said, Geo News reported Sunday.
Qadri, the Tehrik-e-Minhajul Quran chief, said it would be the worst elections held thus far in Pakistan.
He said the elections were being so engineered that not even change of faces would be seen, leave aside change in the system.
In January, one of the Qadri`s main demands was dissolution of parliament.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan