Reminder! December 15 is the last date for using old Rs 500 notes
Last date to make use of old Rs 500 notes is December 15. So, if you still have old currency notes of Rs 500 denomination in store, ensure to use them positively by tomorrow.
New Delhi: Last date to make use of old Rs 500 notes is December 15. So, if you still have old currency notes of Rs 500 denomination in store, ensure to use them positively by tomorrow. People can use old Rs 500 notes for paying utility bills or buying medicines till tomorrow mid-night as the government has decided not to extend exemptions beyond December 15.
Here are the services which offer relaxation of making payments through old Rs 500 notes till December 15:
1) Payment of School fees up to Rs. 2000 per student in Central Government, State Government, Municipality and local body schools;
2) Payment of fees in Central or State Government colleges;
3) Payments towards pre paid mobile top-up to a limit of Rs 500 per top-up;
4) Purchase from Consumer Cooperative Stores limited to Rs 5000 at a time;
5) Payment of current and arrear dues to utilities limited to only water and electricity.
6) Considering that the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways have continued the toll free arrangement at the toll plazas up to December 2, it was decided that toll payment at these toll plazas will be made through old Rs 500 notes from December 3.12.2016 to December 15.
6) Foreign citizens are permitted to exchange foreign currency up to Rs 5000 per week. Necessary entry to this effect will be made in their passports.