Pak claims Indian dossier 'inadequate': Report
Islamabad: Pakistani authorities have
claimed that the latest dossier provided by India on the
Mumbai attacks is "inadequate" to prosecute several
Lashker-e-Toiba operatives being tried by an anti-terror
court, according to a media report on Friday.
"Our security agencies, who have studied and analysed
the latest dossier from India, have concluded that New Delhi
has not provided enough information required by us," an
unnamed senior official was quoted as saying by a Pakistani
The official claimed there were "a lot of gaps" in the
dossier and that it "could be of little help in prosecuting
India handed over the latest dossier on August 1 in
response to a request made by Pakistan in July for more
information that was needed to prosecute suspects.
Five LeT operatives – including operations commander
Zakiur Rehman Lakhvi – are currently being tried by an
anti-terror court in Rawalpindi for facilitating and
executing the Mumbai attacks.
However, diplomatic sources questioned the claim made
by Pakistani authorities about the information provided by
A dossier handed over by Pakistan last month clearly
states that the LeT was behind the attacks and that Pakistani
investigators had gathered enough information to prosecute the
suspects, a source told a news agency.
The Pakistani dossier, handed over to India on July 11
and accessed by the news agency, clearly states that the arrested suspects
had "admitted their guilt and their contribution in planning,
preparation, financing, arranging boats, logistics, training,
facilitating and launching LeT terrorist attacks from Karachi
and Thatha to Mumbai".
The dossier further said: "Furthermore sufficient
oral, direct, documentary, circumstantial and scientific
evidence came on record which directly connects all the
accused who are accordingly found involved, including
absconding co-accused, with the commission of the offences
with which they have been charged."
Pakistani authorities are currently looking for 13
more suspects, including LeT operatives and crew members of
two boats that were used by the Mumbai attackers.
Along with the dossier handed over in July, Pakistan
had sought additional information from India on forensic tests
of the GPS equipment confiscated from the attackers, details
of text messages exchanged by the terrorists and details on
Fahim Ansari and Sabahuddin, two Indians arrested in
connection with the Mumbai attacks.