BSNL godown fire: Equipment worth Rs 25 cr destroyed
Gaya (Bihar): Telephone cables and other
equipment worth nearly Rs 25 crore were destroyed when a fire
broke out in a store of the Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited at
Bodh Gaya here on Monday.
BSNL (Magadh Division) General Manager R P Tripathy said
the fire, caused due to electric short-circuit, engulfed the
the entire BSNL central store in the afternoon.
Telephone cables besides other sophisticated equipment,
the value of which was estimated to be around Rs 25 crore,
were destroyed in the blaze, he said.
Firefighters took over four hours to douse the flames,