100 affected due to chlorine gas leak in Rajkot
Rajkot: Nearly a hundred people were hospitalised following a chlorine gas leakage on Rajkot-Morbi highway, fire brigade officials said on Monday.
The incident took place last night when a truck carrying nearly 20 chlorine cylinder overturned, sources said adding the truck came down from the road after driver lost
control over the wheel and gas started leaking from one of the cylinders.
Nearly 100 people including passers by and 55 passengers travelling in a State Transport bus were affected due to the gas leak, they said adding affected persons were rushed to private and civil hospital in Morbi.
The road traffic had to be halted for a couple of hours as precautionary measures and the fire brigade personnel sprinkled water to minimise the effect of leaked gas, chief fire officer R K Maheshwari said. Forty one persons were given primary medical treatment while 56 were discharged from the hospitals later. Three
persons are still under observation.