Costa Rica takes Nicaragua dispute to world court
San Jose: Costa Rica is taking its border dispute with Nicaragua to the International Court of Justice.
Costa Rican Foreign Minister Rene Castro says Costa Rica filed the case with the Netherlands-based court after Nicaragua decided to disregard an Organisation of American States resolution that it withdraw troops from disputed territory along the San Juan border river.
Nicaragua sent troops to the area last month, angering Costa Rica.
Castro told reporters on Thursday he is confident the world court — the UN's highest judicial body — can force Nicaragua to remove the troops.