Disabled man consumes poison, tries to meet C’garh CM



Raipur: In a desperate move to attract attention to his condition, a disabled youth approached Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh's house for financial help but after having consumed poison earlier. He vomitted and collapsed at the gate of Singh's house here on Thursday.

Devram Sahu reached the Chief Minister's residence in the morning to meet Raman Singh during the 'Jan Darshan' programme where people can meet the Chief Minister with their problems. But, he began vomitting at the main gate and security officials took him to a government hospital where he revealed that he had consumed poison.

Doctors of Dr Bhimrao Ambedkar Hospital where he was admitted, said that Sahu was out of danger but his condition needed to be monitored closely for the next 24 hours.

Sahu told police officials that he took poison as he was very poor and had met the chief minister in a 'jan darshan' earlier to seek help but was yet to receive any economic assistance.

IANS