Army jawan dies of poisoning in Samba
Jammu: An army jawan died due to
poisoning in Samba district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said Wednesday.
Ajay Kumar (25) of the 12 Jammu and Kashmir Rifles
(JAK RIF) posted in Pathankote, had gone on leave to his place
in Yugpur village in Samba district, when he collapsed in a
lane yesterday, they said.
Villagers shifted him to a hospital, where doctors
washed his stomach, which contained some poisonous substances,
they said, adding that he later died in the hospital.
Police has registered a case and started investigation
into the incident as they suspect some persons had
deliberately given Kumar some poisonous substance to loot him,