NATO examining claims it killed Afghan civilians



NATO examining claims it killed Afghan civilians Kabul: NATO forces say they are investigating media claims of possible civilian casualties from a military operation in eastern Afghanistan.

NATO said Monday that it has learned of local media reports saying its forces killed at least one civilian in Kunar province. Some reports said one boy was killed, while others reported that five women died.

The international military coalition said in a statement that a NATO outpost fired Sunday on four individuals at a position from which they had previously been attacked.

NATO said the individuals were armed and in camouflage. The troops watched the group and decided they were about to attack, and so fired on the position.

Bureau Report