PF scam: CBI withdraws cases against 18 accused



Ghaziabad: Acting on a court order, the CBI has withdrawn cases against 18 accused in the Rs 6.58 crore Provident Fund scam case, officials said on Tuesday.

The report of withdrawal was filed in a special CBI court here yesterday after which judge Shyam Lal directed the agency to withdraw the cases against all accused.

Cases were withdrawn after no charges could be proved against the accused, who were charged in the case on grounds of suspicion, CBI's counsel advocate Bal Karan said.

Meanwhile, Sushma Asthana, wife of the deceased prime accused Ashutosh Ashthana, has still not been released from jail as the CBI has not filed a charge sheet against her so far and her bail plea was rejected by court.

PTI