Mumbai blasts: Death toll rises to 23



Mumbai blasts: Death toll rises to 23 Mumbai: Two more victims of the July 13 serial blasts, who had been admitted to the JJ hospital here, succumbed to their injuries on Saturday, taking the death toll in the terror attack to 23.

Surender Singh Bisht (30) suffered major burn injuries in the blast at Zaveri Bazaar and died this morning, hospital sources said.

Another victim Ajay Verma (30), who also suffered deep burn injuries and head injury at Zaveri Bazaar blast, died this evening while undergoing treatment, the sources added.

Twenty-two others are undergoing treatment in JJ Hospital, including six still in a critical condition, the sources said.

Shripal Mujhapura (35), who suffered severe head injuries in the blast at Opera House, died at Harkisandas Hospital last night.

Of the 12 injured persons admitted to Harkisandas hospital, five are still in critical condition, sources said.

A total of 129 persons were injured in the blasts while 23 have lost their lives till now.

PTI