11 children fall sick after eating Jatropha seeds
Munger: Eleven children were taken ill after
eating Jatropha Curcas seeds at Rampur Residential school
in Bihar's Munger district late night, official sources said.
All the children were admitted to a Primary Health
Centre (PHC) under Jamalpur police station limits where their
condition was stated to be out of danger, Civil Surgeon of the
PHC Dr Jagat Prasad said.
The children had plucked the seeds from a nearby school
compound and consumed it.
Jatropha Curcas is a poisonous, semi-evergreen shrub
whose seeds can be used to produce a high quality biodiesel