Three-storey incense sticks factory gutted
Bangalore: A three-storeyed factory
manufacturing incense sticks was gutted in a fire in the early
hours in Banashankari on Tuesday, fireforce officials said.
However, no casualties were reported as the night shift
workers ran out of the factory when they witnessed sparks,
Electric short circuit is suspected to have caused the fire
but the actual cause and the total loss suffered due to the
incident were yet to be ascertained, they added.
Nine fire tenders rushed to the spot and are still dousing
the fire, fireforce officials said.
Perfumes, chemicals and other materials used for
manfacture of incense sticks and bundles of packed incense
sticks were destroyed in the fire.