Infant dies after consuming kerosene



Salem: In a tragic incident, a baby girl died after she consumed kerosene kept in a tumbler as her brick kiln labourer-parents sipped tea.

The incident happened on February 26 when the family was sitting outside the kiln and drinking tea in front of a fire to beat the morning chill and the one-and-a-half year old girl drank the kerosene, probably mistaking it to be for tea, police said.

She died in hospital on Wednesday, police said, adding, a case has been registered under CrPc 174 (police to inquire and report on suicide).

PTI