Israeli car blast: Open warrant against 3 Iranians



New Delhi: A Delhi court on Wednesday issued an "open warrant" against three Iranian nationals in connection with the February 13 Israeli diplomat car bombing in which journalist Syed Mohammed Ahmad Kazmi is already under arrest.

The warrant was issued by Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Vinod Yadav on an application moved by the Special Cell of Delhi Police saying the trio were involved in the blast and had left the country immediately after the incident.

The police, which named the three Iranians in its application, told the court that the probe so far has revealed that they are not in the Indian territory and their whereabouts are not known.

The open warrant will authorise the investigators to take necessary action against the accused as and when they are apprehended.

Meanwhile, the court rejected the plea of Syed Mohammed Ahmad Kazmi, arrested for his alleged role in car bombing case, for being supplied with all documents and evidence on basis of which he has been made an accused in the matter and his arrest has been effected.

The court said since the matter is being investigated, his plea cannot be granted.

The blast was caused by a magnetic bomb stuck to the vehicle of diplomat Tal Yehoshua, injuring her and her Indian driver, besides two others.

Kazmi, who claimed to have been writing for an Iranian publication, was picked up after a probe showed that he was in touch with the suspect who is believed to have stuck the magnetic bomb on the car.

PTI