Andhra Pradesh: Mother-son duo electrocuted
Karimnagar: A woman and her son were
on Friday electrocuted and three others suffered burn injures in a village in Andhra Pradesh, police said.
The incident took place at Chilvakodur village, nearly
60km from here, according to Circle Inspector P Mahender.
The woman, P Gangavva (46), was putting clothes for
drying on a wire tied to an electric pole. While doing so, one
of the clothes touched the high tension wire and it resulted
in electric shocks to Gangavva leading to her instant death.
Her family members tried to save her but in the
attempt, her son P Mahesh (20) was also electrocuted.
Gangavva's husband Rajanna (49), another son P Kumara Swamy (26) and daughter P Mamatha (16) sustained burn injures, the Circle Inspector added.