Cowshed fire in Nepal kills minor girls

Kathmandu: Two minor girls were charred to death in a Nepalese village near here after a fire broke out in the cowshed they were living, police said.

The girls named Sapna Tamang, 11, and Bipana Tamang, 7, died when the cowshed caught fire in Lishankhu Village of Sindhupalchowk, according to the police.

The fatal incident occurred when fire broke out from the shed of a neighbour. Police suspected that the girl children themselves lit the fire accidentally on dry straws while playing with lighter.