Army Chief's veiled attack on Lt Gen Suhag
New Delhi: In his parting shot, outgoing Army Chief Gen V K Singh on Thursday made a veiled attack on Lt Gen Dalbir Singh Suhag, who is tipped to head the force in 2014, saying he was "alarmed" that allegations of fake encounter were not investigated.
Gen VK Singh, who has already put Lt Gen Suhag's promotion on hold in connection with a failed intelligence operation in Assam last year, referred to the alleged fake encounter of March 2010 in his last interaction with media.
"See when something is written to me, I forward it to the headquarters concerned. They had asked headquarters 3 Corps to investigate. So far as I know, investigations have not been done and that is one of the issues, we are seriously looking at," Gen VK Singh said.
Asked if he was alarmed by developments in this regard, he said, "Obviously, everyone is concerned that such a thing should happen and investigation doesn't take place. You will hear more about it when the new chain starts taking actions on this."
Lt Gen Suhag's promotion as Eastern Army Commander has already been put on hold by Gen V K Singh as he had brought him under a discipline and vigilance ban.