Nagpur: One dead, four injured in fire

Nagpur: A middle-aged man was charred to death while four other family members suffered burns when a fire broke out in their house in the wee hours here on Monday, police said.

The blaze erupted in the Pratap Nagar-based Adarsh Colony house of Annaji Johri (55), possibly due to a short circuit, when he and the others were fast asleep.

While Johri succumbed, his wife, two daughters and a son sustained serious burn injuries and were rushed to hospital.

Fire fighters were called who managed to control the blaze, police said, adding that investigation into the case was on.