Andhra: Forty fall sick after consuming 'Prasad'
Karimnagar: As many as 40 people from Cherla Boothkur village in the district took ill due to suspected food poisoning after they consumed stale 'Prasad' on the concluding day of Ganesh festival, police said.
The affected villagers were admitted to district hospital after they complained of vomiting and dizziness after eating 'pulihora' (tamarind rice) prepared yesterday for the immersion procession of Ganesh idol, they said.
According to sources, many villagers ate the undistributed rice this morning.
The condition of all of those admitted is safe, a health official said.