Odisha: Two persons electrocuted, 10 injured
Bhubaneswar: Two persons were electrocuted and ten others injured when the vehicle in which they were carrying a Goddess idol came in contact with a live wire in Odisha's Cuttack district, police said Wednesday.
The incident took place at Mallihata village in Jagatpur police station area when some youths were taking out a procession of the goddess "Khudurkuni" yesterday for immersion, they said.
The revelers had covered the idol with a metal sheet in order to protect the idol from rain. When the sheet came in contact with the 11 KV live wire, the whole vehicle was electrocuted.
Two boys who were holding the metal sheet died, while ten others were injured, two of them seriously. The injured were admitted to a hospital at Cuttack.