One succumbs to burns in cracker unit fire
Virudhunagar: A 70-year-old man died and three persons were injured in a fire which broke out in a cracker unit at Vellore near here,police said on friday.
Dharmalinga Raja(70) succumbed to burns at the Government Rajaji hospital at Madurai today, police said.
The condition of three injured was stated be serious.
The fire broke out at the unit yesterday when the workers were stacking "dried fireworks sticks".
The friction while stacking caused the fire, police said.
The unit owner Azhagesan and foreman Muthiah,against whom police have registered a case,are absconding, police said.