Fireman injured in Nashik blaze



Nashik: A fireman was seriously injured while trying to control the blaze that erupted in a showroom at the College Road area, fire brigade officials said Monday.

The fire occurred at a shoe showroom late last night and fire tenders were immediately rushed to the spot which managed to control the flames by 1 AM, they said.

However, fireman Dinesh Lasure (38) was seriously injured after being hit by a piece of glass at the showroom. He has been admitted to a hospital.

Fire officials said the blaze was possibly caused by a short-circuit, though further investigation was on.

Nashik Mayor Yatin Wagh and senior police officials also visited the spot.

PTI