Fire at Himalaya House in Delhi, 1 body found
New Delhi: One person died while two were rescued when a major fire broke out in Himalaya House on Kasturba Gandhi Marg in Central Delhi on Monday morning.
Fire department officials informed that one dead body was found on the seventh floor of the building and two people were rescued.
Attempts were being made to control the fire.
Fire officials informed that the fire broke out at 6.20 am on Monday.
CNN-IBN quoted Delhi Fire Services' Director AK Sharma saying that the fire broke out due to an electrical fault.
Reports suggested that the fire that broke out initially on the third floor, but quickly enveloped four more floors of the building.
25 fire tenders were rushed to the spot to contain the inferno.