Raja wants Parliament to debate 2G loss figure
New Delhi: Former telecom minister A Raja, who is out on bail in the 2G spectrum allocation scam, has reportedly sought a debate in Parliament on loss estimate.
Raja wants the Lok Sabha to debate and find out whether the 2G loss estimated by the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) was authentic, Hindustan Times reported on Thursday.
Raja has given a notice in the Lok Sabha for discussing the issue. The development came after former CAG official RP Singh, who was behind the 2G audit, said he was made to sign the report on spectrum allocation by his superiors. Singh had reportedly said that he did not agree with the Rs 1.76 lakh crore loss figure.
The daily reported that the Lok Sabha Secretariat has confirmed receiving Raja’s notice.
“The honourable member has given a notice under Rule 193, which provides for a short duration discussion on a subject without voting,” the daily reported an official as saying.
Raja was granted bail on May 15 earlier this year after spending nearly 15 months in jail in connection with the case.
Following Singh’s revelation, Raja’s party the DMK had said that a “big question mark” has been put on the findings of the CAG.
Sources said Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar will take a call on Raja’s notice after consulting all concerned parties.