Six BDOs dismissed for irregularities in Indira Awas Yojna
Patna: Six state administrative officers have been dismissed on the charges of alleged irregularities in implementation of Indira Awas Yojna and proceedings against many others were underway, the state assembly was informed on Wednesday.
Replying to a short notice question of Akhtarul Imam (RJD), Rural Development Minister Nitish Mishra said in addition to dismissing the 6 BDOs, the department has recommended initiation of action against 10 BDOs for irregularities in the Indira Awas Yojna.
Besides, the department has initiated departmental inquiry against 13 BDOs and four of them have been penalised.
A total of 75 BDOs have been sent back to their parent department following complaint of irregularities in the execution of Indira Awas Yojna.
Mishra said the scheme is in operation in Bihar since 1996. Under it, while 75 per cent of the money is provided by the Centre, the rest 25 per cent is borne by the state government.
Asserting that the government believed in transparency in the implementation of the housing scheme for the poor, he said a list of beneficiaries would be put on website soon.
He said in 2012-13, out of the target of providing house to 9.06 lakh people under the scheme, 6.76 lakh of them have been provided the same.
The minister said the DDC (Deputy Development Commissioner) of the district, where achievement under Indira Awas Yojna was less than 80 per cent, were served notices.