More than 100 girls ill after eating stale meal
Jajpur (Odisha): As many as 102 inmates of a government run girls residential school took ill with symptoms of food-poisoning after eating food in the school hostel, officials said on Tuesday.
The students complained of vomiting, stomach pain and nausea a few hours after taking dinner in their school hostel last night and they were taken to a nearby hospital.
Altogether 102 inmates of Kanyashram School at Baliapal under Danagadi block, who had dinner in the hostel, were taken ill and were rushed to the Community Health Centre (CHC) at Danagadi.
?As the children were shifted to hospital immediately, they got proper treatment. All except 18 children were discharged after treatment and the rest will be discharged soon, said Prodosh Kumar Mohapatra, the treating doctor.
Nilamadhab Mohanty, District Welfare Officer (DWO), said out of the 106 inmates, 102 had fallen ill.
Jajpur district Collector Anil Kumar Samal visited the hospital to meet the sick children and assess the situation. “I have ordered an inquiry into the incident and action will be taken against those found responsible for this,” he said.